Ginger Pennies Makes about 25 dozen
1 1/2 cups flour
3/4 teaspoon ground ginger
3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
12 tablespoons unsalted butter, at room temperature
1 cup light brown sugar
1/4 cup molasses
1. Set the oven at 325. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
2. In a medium bowl, sift together the flour, ginger, cinnamon, cloves, baking soda, and salt.
3. In an electric mixer, blend the butter, sugar, egg, and molasses. Slowly add the dry ingredientsto the molasses mixture, beating just until blended.
4. Transfer the mixture to a 1-gallon zipper freezer bag. Close it securely.
5. Cut off a small piece of the corner of the bag.
6. Using it as a piping bag, pipe 1/4-inch dots onto the baking sheets. Bake the cookies for 5 minutes or until they are set. Transfer to wire racks to cool.