bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Sunday, September 21, 2008


As summer drew to a close today, my friend Cheryl came over to bring me more apples recently picked from local orchards....[I think they will keep until I come back from Georgia in a week or so....then I can make apple crisp again!] The evening was so lovely, that we decided to go to the local botanical gardens for a free concert. Mr. Pear came along with 3 lawn chairs and we settled in for a genteel farewell to summer!



A woodwind quintet of music professors from our local university treated us to delightful soft music while evening breezes stirred the slowly opening moonflowers!


When there was a break in the music, we strolled the grounds of the botanical gardens, to study the wonderful plants and enjoyed seeing some botanical art on display. These were painted in oils on scrap metal objects by local artist Gregory Moore....so hanging them outdoors was not a problem....[I will return with my camera to capture more of this art show later!]



* friend Cheryl, Mr. Pear and myself

6 comments:

Laurie said...

An outdoor concert sounds lovely...so does an apple crisp!
Have a wonderful time with those grandchildren, oh, and thanks for the link!

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

What a wonderful evening! Sounds perfect! I have local Gala apples, I should try the apple crisp!

gma said...

Lovely way to celebrate the end of summer. Enjoy your time in Georgia.
:-)

Janet said...

I'm just now getting around to some blogs after being away for awhile and now you're gone! Love that painting on metal! Amazing!

Have a fun time in Georgia and I'll see you when you get back.

Anonymous said...

I'll be visiting Copenhagen this week-end. What I look most forward to is to visit the botanical garden there.

Shopgirl said...

I love going to outdoor concerts, Open air and Music, can't get much better than that.
I made a pear crisp and thought of you...it was yummmy!
I hope you had a wonderful summer...I am enjoying fall, it is beautiful in Idaho this time of year. Your, Mary

Related Posts with Thumbnails