bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Monday, July 21, 2008

More armchair travel.....or where in the world is Rick Steves?



I've just been reading Rick Steve's blog from this last May. He was on a trip for the U. S. chapter of the United Nations Association (but at his own expense!) to Iran. Though I haven't actually traveled much, I have always enjoyed knowing people from other countries, including Iran [I especially love their food!!!].

His trip there will be aired in January on PBS.

Another way to learn more about Iran ( through a young girl's coming of age story) is to watch "Persepolis", the animated French movie which was nominated for an Oscar.

2 comments:

gma said...

Learning about other cultures, people, lifestyles,and food is something I enjoy too. We human beings are more alike than not.
Wish more people would open their hearts to others.

couragetocreatewriteandlove said...

I love his show!

Related Posts with Thumbnails