bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Monday, May 12, 2008

Still painting today....
(posting a "lovely" photo of the tools I just put down to do this blog post!)

This room, where our computer is, is being painted a color from Valspar called "Lighthouse Shadows". It IS a shady room now! LOL! I can't just be in here and paint...the computer keeps "sucking me in". I have visited a blog or two, answered and e-mail and now I am posting!

Some of us are trying to decide just how much "reality" is called for on our blogs. (Hence the paint equipment today...tee hee!)

None of us have lives that are "perfect", ( whatever that is...) we are here to live and learn. Personally, I am only comfortable sharing the positive side of things. Avoiding drama may make for a boring blog but being a visual artist, I'm more interested in eye candy and photos of lovely (or unusual) things.


Here is the quilt I am working on at the moment. You may remember that it was "rescued" from a flea market a couple of months ago. If all the world around me is emotional and visual chaos, I will center myself by quilting or knitting.

The rocker holding the quilt belonged to Mr. Pear's mother. You can see the TV room area of our world...going onto the cluttered and crowded (at the moment) back porch.

Over the weekend, besides painting, we watched one episode of "Rosemary and Thyme", and 2 episodes of "Hamish Macbeth". These are wonderful series from the BBC, filmed in the colorful British Isles! We had one friend to share our evening meal and watch these with us on Saturday night and another on Sunday! Even with all the tables covered with painting equipment, we used TV trays and were perfectly happy!

[Now, it is against my blogging policy to reveal too much, so I won't tell you about how Mr. Pear has recently bought the old Robin Hood (with Richard Greene) TV series. He wants me to sit and watch it with him...and believes it to be true and accurate historical drama. I observed to Mr. Pear (who is very attached to anything right wing and Republican) that Robin Hood was a "liberal". We are still married...and of course this is not on my blog!]

This is an area of our recently painted living space which is slowly coming into its own. I painted the watercolor portrait of my granddaughter, Lili (nickname), from a photo taken by my friend Barbara. Lili is in a dark red velvet chair. I had so much fun painting that chair with quick strokes, using a wide flat brush and lots of alizarin crimson! Lili has seriously curly hair...I used a sponge for part of her black hair and a sharpened twig (yes, from the yard) to add some tendrils of her black locks. I love the mischievous gleam in her eyes!

Below her portrait is my lucky bamboo (several years old) from Lizzzie and 2 bowls. One is a handmade "Zen" raku bowl with pieces of sea glass in it. The other is a black bowl from Taos. It is from the Santa Clara pueblo artists.

Now back to painting...how lucky I am, Lizzzzie is coming over to help me!

7 comments:

Laurie said...

Pretty paint color ~ I know how that goes when the computer just sucks you in!
That is such a lovely portrait of your grandaughter ~ you always do such lovely paintings. My son is learning to do watercolors and he is really enjoying it ~

Oh yes, I got your letter today ~ count me in!

Anonymous said...

The first photo is a beautiful still life :-)

Mary Timme said...

Well, I'm totally in love with your watercolor of your grand Daughter. What a great photo and painting. You are quite the painting lady. Since Robin Hood is fictional, based perhaps on a real person, how can we know the 'true history' attached to him? It just seems a logical question. Call me crazy! I'm okay with it.

Lila Rostenberg said...

Mary you are right about that! Even if we knew the "facts", differing conclusions could be drawn!
I just can't resist giving Mr.P a hard time! LOL!

couragetocreatewriteandlove said...

I never read you in this way, mmm??? that was interesting... i hope my blog is not drama to you because I am going in a sort of reflective healing kind of period and I can't help it to get it out of my chest ;-)
I am a visual person too just a little blue in my colors now but I am almost out and hopefully I will be green real soon ;-)
I love your granddaugters painting.

Lila Rostenberg said...

No, Carmen. Your blog is full of beautiful lovely, life-giving thoughts (and links!).

Anonymous said...

Lila,

Sounds like a fun project! Can't wait to see the re-do! Andrew and I had a good laugh about your Robin Hood confession! I think that sounds like something your son would say also! We all have to laugh at ourselves! Thanks for passing on pictures of the newest member of the family!
Mary

Related Posts with Thumbnails