bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Tuesday, May 13, 2008

A morning in May....



Stepping out my front door about 7:15 this morning, with camera in hand, I set out to capture some images from the garden as the sun was just coming onto it. The first thing I photographed was my flag with soft pink iris.


Notice the ants already busy in the peony?


The rhododendron is still in the shade.

The sun hadn't yet reached this pink/peach iris ....leaving lots of blue toned shadows.
[A note of thanks to Mr. Pear for all the gardening which makes these beauties thrive!]
"Not knowing when the dawn will come, I open every door."~~~Emily Dickinson
********************************************************


Back inside the house, a "May Basket" quilt hangs on the newly painted soft yellow wall!

7 comments:

Sue Seibert said...

Beautiful morning in May, Lila. That iris is so pretty...my favorite flower. And your quilt is spectacular!

couragetocreatewriteandlove said...

Flowers!!!
yay!!!!

Anonymous said...

thank you for the trip into the garden, I had to look twice to see the ant. Love the quilt there! lizzzzzzzzy

Kelli said...

Gorgeous pictures, Lila! There is something very special about early morning sunshine. I also love the quilt and newly painted wall!
Hugs,
Kelli

gma said...

So pretty Lila...beautiful flowers and I love the quote!!

Anonymous said...

How perfectly spring! Love your peonies. Haven't managed to plant those yet!

Anonymous said...

A bouquet of sweet photos.
There are alot of busy ants in my peonies also.

Related Posts with Thumbnails