bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Monday, April 21, 2008

We started with the old black and white photo....


I call her "Bella", ....a "friend " from the past, who, on a breezy Sunday afternoon, stopped to pose for her picture in a park over-looking the Hudson. The wind is catching her skirt and she has tilted her head so that her hat shades her eyes from the bright sun. She carries her gloves and handbag. The photographer is her brother from Italy who has come for a visit. What tales he'll have to tell of his time in America!
*************************************************
These collage pages were done yesterday, with friends around a kitchen table, sharing scissors, glue sticks and magazine clippings. Our hostess provided various old photos...from a flea market...who were these people, did anyone still care? So we each adopted someone and made a world for them!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love Bella, with her Marilyn skirt. I have the older woman with her hand on her brest, as if to say, "MY HEAVENS take the picture all ready!" I don't have a scanner so just visualize.
I always thought the name Sarah Bellum would be cool. lizzzy

Mary Timme said...

I love the whole idea of 'adopting' a person from a picture. I've always said we don't get to choose relatives so I'm careful when I choose friends.

couragetocreatewriteandlove said...

what a fun time you had!!!
I love her story! I care! LOL

Related Posts with Thumbnails