bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Sunday, April 27, 2008

Before April is over I must watch this again!







"Enchanted April"



A wonderful movie based on a 1922 novel by Elizabeth von Arnim.


It tells the story of four dissimilar women in post-war (WWI) Britain who leave damp and rainy London to go on a holiday to a secluded coastal villa in Italy. Two housewives, who belong to the same club but have never spoken, become acquainted. Each in her own way is suffering through an empty marriage and faces the prospect of a lonely and almost isolated middle age. After seeing a newspaper ad for a villa for rent on the Italian Riveria, the women set about finding two other ladies to share expenses. Joined by a beautiful young socialite and an elderly dowager, the four find rejuvenation in the tranquil beauty of their surroundings. (Based on Wikipedia article)
It is the beautiful scenery of the villa overlooking the sea in Portofino, Italy which is the real star of the movie...everything in the movie moves at a leisurely, slow pace!
(This story has also been a Broadway play.)
*******************************************************************************





When I am not "escaping to the movies" this week, I will be savoring my "real life".

Friday, a good friend from my high school and our college years, Cheryl, came for dinner with her son. (We had Chicken Jambalaya...spicy and good!)























Saturday, we struggled to find the paint for our living room...ending up with this (the taupe color...it isn't really that rosy?!!!).
Our new drapes are going up and I am still painting walls and trim....getting ready for that new carpet!









7 comments:

Naturegirl said...

This sounds like a movie that I would enjoy not only for the story but scenery as we are spending time in Italy during a Europeon trip planned in Aug-Sept./08!
Thank you Lila for sharing! hugs NG

Anonymous said...

Lovely colour. Good luck with your "new" style.

GreenishLady said...

I've been wanting to see that movie for quite a while now, - ever since I got to spend an afternoon in that magical place. ... And your post is the second mention I've heard of Portofino today, as a friend just announced she and her husband are celebrating their 21st wedding anniversary with a holiday there. Lucky, lucky!

gma said...

Yes. That sounds like a beautiful movie. Guess what? In March we painted our family room taupe with Artic white trim/doors and molding. I love it fresh and clean.

couragetocreatewriteandlove said...

I love that movie and I saw a play, too!
Thank you for sharing your real life, LOL

Janet said...

I loved that movie! You're right about the scenery being the star.

Julie said...

Good color choise. I love taupe.

I must watch "Enchanted April" again as well. It has been too long.

Related Posts with Thumbnails