bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Sometimes I have to paint my food before I cook with it!




This one is of the lemons used in the lemon ricotta torte....I had a washy watercolor background, then painted in large yellow lemons and a lemon slice too! Topped off with a bright red geranium from the sunporch where I was working. The geranium had finally decided to bloom....its lower leaf is coming past the border...I love doing that!

***********************************************************

NOTE: I have chosen this new brighter whiter blog template for "Spring Cleaning". I like how the colors of my artwork show up more clearly!

7 comments:

Julie said...

This watercolor is very, very good.

Hugs, Julie

Joyce said...

Ohhhhh.......it's very pretty!
Good work.
Be blessed,
Joyce

Laurie said...

This is so springy and pretty!!

Annie said...

Isn't Spring cleaning refreshing! I did the same. I do wish I could paint so nicely - that would be even more refreshing.

Anonymous said...

The colors are strong and I love the irregular edges formed in the background, it is rich in color on the whiter background. lizzzy

Annie Jeffries said...

So pretty and perfect for Spring. So much impact in something so simple.

gma said...

Lila,
It is so bright and fresh like Spring! Love the new look and the painting.
:-)

Related Posts with Thumbnails