bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Monday, March 10, 2008

How to quilt with a kitty!

(action shots taken last week on a cold winter night by Mr. Pear!)







You must of course use a wooden hoop to secure the quilt and a thimble to protect your finger. Get into the wonderful rhythm of making the hand-quilting stitches, Breathe, Relax....only to have the resident pet crawl up to cuddle and investigate!
























....Then, decide that there will be other times to quilt, so try to read a book....seems like Shadow* wants to be in on this too! (I really don't think one can quilt with a kitty!)





* Shadow is almost 14 years old. She was a beautiful solid black cat, we thought. I was gone a lot this fall...she was a bit neglected, and her fur which is a nightmare to keep free of mats, was beyond the groomers help. So she had to be shaved....and in the cold month of January! She stays inside now awaiting the growth of her new coat and warmer weather! (Will the fur come back in as black, or will she now be an "old gray kitty"?...time will tell!)

4 comments:

Julie said...

As I was scrolling through this post I was thinking, "Wait a minute, Lila's kitty is black!" Then I get to the bottom and find the reason. I hope she gets her black fur back, but even if not, you'll still love her and she'll still love you. Cute to see her quilting and reading with you. I just added a photo to my book blog: a picture of Gracie reading with me when she was a tiny puppy.

Laurie said...

Our older kitty Minnie had to be shaved today because of some sort of a skin disorder, she is staying at the vets tonight so tomorrow will be the first time we see her hairless!! Its good your kitty has a nice warm lap to stay warm!

Janet said...

I had to chuckle at this post. My cats do the same thing if I'm trying to do something....they want to be right in the middle of whatever it is. And who can resist those snuggly, purring creatures?

Bimbimbie said...

It's been a little while since I last looked in on you and your artwork ... this post and photos of your helping cat are gorgeous ... just a pity they can't read aloud. Smiles *!*

Related Posts with Thumbnails