bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Friday, March 14, 2008


Finally, SPRING !






**************************Though it is not official until next Friday, Spring finally came to my yard yesterday!

Our daffodils popped overnight.

I found three for the table top and combined them with a German papermache nesting egg* and some tiny bunnies. Now we know it will soon be Easter!

(For even more springtime delights, visit Tasha Tudor!)
[* now that is an odd term...a nesting egg!]


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Here is an easy recipe for the perfect springtime dessert!

ANGEL FOOD PINEAPPLE CAKE

1 can of crushed pinapple in its own juice
1 box of 1 step angel food cake mix (1 step kind)

Mix these ingredients together and bake in an oblong cake pan at 325 degrees for about 25 to 30 min.
Honest, it is that easy, no fat, very low calories, and tastes great. For an extra treat sprinkle coconut flakes on top before baking. Serve with non-fat Cool Whip.
( or if you don't mind the fat, real whipped cream!)


Off to clean out those flower beds!

14 comments:

Julie said...

You are the second blogger I've looked at today and the second one who has shown daffodils!

I love those vintage or vintage-look papier mache eggs.

I'm headed to the store this afternoon and will pick up some pineapple and angel food cake. I love both. Thanks!

Kelli said...

Hi Lila! Your eggs and bunnies are so cute and I think daffodils are so happy!! Spring looks like it arrived at your house. :0)
Hugs,
Kelli
P.s. I fixed your Mr. Linky link!

Muum said...

Ooh.. daffodils! looks great!

Brenda said...

Hi, thanks for sharing! Our daffodils are only 3" shoots, but they're coming! Yay! Have a great day!

Susan said...

Very cute display. Mine are blooming, too!!! YEAH!!!!
Susan

nancy said...

that's a lovely little display. We are grasping at straws here, to try to bring some Springtime into the house. Outside it's either snow or mud.
Nancy

Janet said...

Your daffodils are ahead of mine! They look so pretty with the eggs on your table. And thanks for that recipe. It seems very easy and sounds delicious. I love pineapple.

Cjdusse said...

Beautiful daffodils. Cute bunnies and eggs!

JEWELGIRL said...

I like your eggs, love the bunnies!
I am going to write down the
angel food & pineapple recipe.
Always looking for great easy recipes to try! Thank you!

The Apron Queen said...

Daffodils are definitely a sign of spring!

Stop on by for a visit at http://anapronaday.blogspot.com. Made some Kiss Me I'm Irish Beef & Cabbage yesterday & posted the recipe. Come on over, I'll fix you a plate!

Anonymous said...

Lovely!! We don't have any daffodils -- I need to plant some -- but I have seen a few in the neighborhood.

Sheila said...

I am so envious of your daffodils. Mine are under three feet of snow, and I hate to think how long it will be before they bloom. For now I will enjoy yours..
xx

Anonymous said...

yay for Spring my dear Lila!!!
Carmen
p.s. you have been definitively blogging these past days, I have to catch with you, LOL

Rebecca E. Parsons/Cre8Tiva said...

...i have missed so much lately...thank you for being so supportive during this difficult time...hugs and happy st. paddy's day...rebecca

Related Posts with Thumbnails