bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Saturday, February 23, 2008

This is the purse/tote which I have knitted and am now felting......




It is from Shetland wool, knitted in a tube (130 stitches on size 10 circular needles) decreasing and changing colors as the knitting progresses. The garter stitch handle uses 2 strands at once and the extra 2nd color yarn is used as a chain stitch embellishment. I will post the felted photo later....the purse is still in the washing machine with blue jeans and a towel....next into the dryer and then we'll see....



Meanwhile....here are pages from a fun artist's day, doing altered books with my friend Lizzzie!!! Lizzzie's book was called "In the Middle of Somewhere".


Mine is called "Daughter of Time"....(some of these pages are complete and others will still grown ad develope as I come across suitable images!)


\



7 comments:

Julie said...

Lila,

I love these pages from both you and Lizzie. How ABSOLUTELY WONDERFUL to have a friend to do art with. I thought something like that might happen with my visual journaling group last year as we were so small but it never happened.

Julie

Annie said...

I just finished a red and orange wool bag today, one that I will felt. Mine will be embellished after felting - yours is embellished beforehand, I see. I eagerly await seeing the felted product.

Anonymous said...

Nice looking post today. I enjoyed it.

Janet said...

I LOVE these pages!! Fantastic! And the purse looks great too.

couragetocreatewriteandlove said...

I love them ALL!!!
yay for journals!

Mary Timme said...

How wonderful to see what others are doing. I'm glad you are home (?) and able to do more art!

Lila Rostenberg said...

Yes I am home...and can go to yoga class, long walks and spend time in my studio. Thank all of you for coming by to visit!

Related Posts with Thumbnails