bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Sunday, February 17, 2008

Out for an anniversary brunch.....Ella's Restaurant this morning!


Mr. Pear and I in front of the fireplace at The Inn at Carnall Hall, with Ella's portrait behind us.


A cold rainy morning outside the drapes, but we were enjoying the beauty and warmth of the room and lovely food!

I especially enjoyed the artwork of Barry Thomas which adorns the walls here.
This hayfield painting is large
and sunny!

His painting of Carnall Hall, the historical building, once a women's dormitory and school where the real Ella was an English teacher!




Finally, here is a snapshot of a quilt made for an earlier wedding anniversary. I call it "War and Roses". [The design in not original...I think it may be from a quilt pattern book by a team called "Joined at the Hip"....]




5 comments:

Julie said...

Happy, happy anniversary, my dear (and you too, Mr. Pear). It looks like a perfect spot for a celebration breakfast. It sounds like your entire weekend was and will be wonderful, what with the delightful Mr. Darcy at the end (some say Colin Firth is the best Mr. D. ever).

Hugs, Julie

Jan said...

Hi Lila!
What a wonderful way to start your day. Congratulations on your marriage.You and hubs are so special. I just know he is making you laugh throughout the meal!
Happy rainy Sunday,
Jan

Mary Timme said...

Well, I noticed the 1990's production of the movie, Pride and Prejudice. I have to tell you I just got the DVD of Becoming Jane. Ah! I love Jane Austen!

What a beautiful place to celebrate your anniversary.

Annie said...

I used to teach in that building, once upon a time.

couragetocreatewriteandlove said...

Congratulations on your anniversary!
and what a lovely place to celebrate it!
I noticed too all the reference to romance, you were so ready for the celebration, LOL, yay for you!!!
and for romance, too!

Related Posts with Thumbnails