bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Wednesday, February 06, 2008

More bright rose color for a gray world today.....(though the sun was shining when I started this!)

A collage on a watercolor pear background. Pears are in season all winter so they end up posing for me a lot before I eat them! We continue to dream of bright flowers even when they are scarce so I added some to keep company with the pear. I finished this collage off with some gold glitter glue which doesn't show on the scanner.


After yoga class yesterday, I met a friend for lunch at our wonderful public library! Yes, there is a coffee shop in the lobby!

Then I found some traditional books ["I Capture the Castle" by Dodie Smith] to read and some audio books to listen to as I hand quilt [ "A Year of Wonder" by Geraldine Brooks, and "Kingfishers Catch Fire" by Rumer Godden].

I can also listen on my drive down to Mom's. She is having hand surgery on Friday and I will be going down to be with her for a few days....not sure how long.

Now I must go pack and organize my projects for the trip!

8 comments:

Julie said...

Our library has a coffee shop too, but I haven't checked it out. I must say, I haunt Barnes & Noble way more than the library. But with my finances these days, it'll be back to the library. I went to the Crosby Library every single Saturday we were in town when I was a teenager.

Julie

couragetocreatewriteandlove said...

I love getting audiobooks too and listening to the emphasis in the voice is amazing.
Currently I am listening to Anne Lammott "blue shoe" and "the constant princess" by Phillipa Gregory

Tammy said...

Oh, I LOVED I Capture the Castle - book and movie! It's great! :)

gma said...

Hi Lila,I havn't tried audio books. Must be great to listen to while painting,driving or quilting. Gotta try it! Hope your Mom is OK. Give her my love and good wishes,
:-)

Laurie said...

I wish our library had a coffe shop ~ what a wonderful idea. I love going to the library ~ I enjoy audio books as well, especially a good mystery.
I hope all goes well with your Mom's surgery, have a safe trip.

Annie said...

Welcome back to Little Rock, Lila. Perhaps you'll go to the Cox Center while you are here, to enjoy the coffee shop and books there.

Mary Timme said...

I'm going to be stopping at the Barnes and Noble on my home tomorrow as two of my favorite, Okay two of the only movies I went to last year, period!, are coming out on DVD. One of our libraries has a coffee shop in it, but I don't know about lunches. I'll have to check it out.

I pack 8-10 audio books when I drive long distances. Helps the time go by and you learn more too.

Annie said...

Hi on Sunday, Lila, I am glad you are enjoying the sunshine. It's been wonderful. Tomorrow I think it might be gray.

Related Posts with Thumbnails