bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Yesterday's art journal pages.
I was inspired to go out and walk for 30 minutes yesterday, just before the temperature fell more than 30 degrees....I came in with lots of energy and went downstairs to clean a bit in my studio....before I knew it, all cleaning and organizing had come to a halt and these pages emerged!




These pages face each other....I call them, "Behind the Veil". These were created using lace, fabric, wrapping paper and images from newspapers and magazines. When I find an image which catches my eye, I clip it and toss it into one of the flat open boxes I use to keep "treasures" in! I had the medieval "princess" and the green vase for some time...then they came together on these pages.

5 comments:

Janet said...

These are beautiful! I love that image of the medieval princess. All the layers come together so perfectly here. I'd say you had a very good day. Cleaning the studio can wait for another time. Just keep creating beautiful pages like these.

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

Both are very pretty and provacative. I have boxes of paper scraps and magazine cut outs stashed away,too, and instead of saving them I need to get to work on using them! Thanks for the inspiration

Sue Seibert said...

Nice, Lila!

We're in Brinkley AR tonight on the way to Nashville and my brother-in-law's memorial service.

Anonymous said...

OH Yes, lovely indeed. My friend just got back from Morocco and I'm into all these images after seeing her photos.

Must get mind done!!

couragetocreatewriteandlove said...

Wonderful wonderful wonderful!

Related Posts with Thumbnails