bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Friday, January 04, 2008



Starting the new year with a new "cut and paste" art journal....

I was able to get a memory book in a nice red cover, and have pasted the front torn from a birthday card I received ....I still want to add some gold glitter glue around the edges. I usually like to keep the cover rather simple compared to the pages inside!


My first page has a doorway and Janus (with 2 faces....I am wondering if that means twice a much sinus headache?????) The eye to see into the future (with new glasses I am ordering today) and the eggs to hatch new ideas! MORE.


6 comments:

Julie said...

Lila,

This is really, really good. I especially love the portal part. I am fascinated by portals. Did you know there is a Portal, ND? It is a portal to Canada!!!

I am off to look at MORE.

Julie

Mary Timme said...

I dug around and came up with a new sketch book for the new year. Now, if I just remember to use it!

gma said...

Love how symbolism shows up in art....We use images we love,
& can learn alot about ourselves just by analyzing some of what resonates with us....and where it's placed on the page.
the blue door "portal" is very peaceful!

Bimbimbie said...

Happy New Year Lila *!*

For the first time over Christmas I started a little sketch journal a page a day on something that stopped me in my tracks and made me look a little closer.

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

I'm new to your blog and I'm enjoying it very much! I like your "cut and paste" journal idea -- it gives me an idea on how to use all the interesting pictures I cut out of magazines to save before I recycle them.

couragetocreatewriteandlove said...

I got me a new notebook and change it into a play book and I am having fun with only words ;-)

Related Posts with Thumbnails