bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Sunday, January 27, 2008

A night in Scotland?
....maybe, we did have a Failte (welcome), the presentation of the Haggis, a Selkirk Grace before the meal...(leek soup with a prune, roast beef and vegetables, and gingerbread with lemon curd for dessert.)



No, this is the parish hall of our local Episcopal church and a Burns' Night celebration last night.



This young man, Brian, is the son of my friend Cheryl. He is an electrical engineer and plays the bagpipes! It was because of him and his mom's prodding, that we decided to attend this birthday party for Robert Burns. It was held in the same room where quilts by my friend Tracie and my quilts are hanging!
I love seeing almost 200 people in the space warmed by our artwork!!!!!
Mr. Pear was having a great time too and I thank him for all these photos....he even took videos of the pipers...so I may get that posted too....

The evening ended with pipers and people singing Auld Lang Syne by Robert Burns...several verses!

(Oh yes, I did taste the Haggis...not a favorite....one bite was sufficient!)



Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Annie said...

I think my dad is a member of that group, Lila. If so, my mother made the haggis last year.

gma said...

Lila...This sounds awesome to me. I love bagpipes and kilts. One of the most beautiful weddings I ever attended was like your "night in Scotland". My daughter met her boyfriend there...he was wearing a kilt(skirt). We always gave him a hard time about that!
:-)

Julie said...

That sounds so much fun. They have a St. Andrew's dinner and celebration in Fargo every year but nothing like it here. (Not enough Scots in Bismarck)

But I would have never tried the haggis.

Julie

Related Posts with Thumbnails