bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Wednesday, January 16, 2008

My favorite handknitted wool socks were needing help! (I LOVE these socks on cold winter days!)

So yesterday, I looked for something to make new soles for them!
(I had already darned them once, and more holes were appearing.) I wanted ultrasuede....but could only find fleece...so I went ahead with that! It was easy to cut out 2 soles and whipstitch them on the bottom of the precious socks! Here they are, scanned with the new soles....I am wearing them as I type.
Three years ago, I made the socks, then from the leftover sock yarn, I made these fingerless gloves! I love these too....they hide veins and age spots, and still allow free use of the fingers! (I bet I could even wear them while knitting!)
These are the socks I am knitting on this week! They are for an aunt of Mr. Pear who will be 90 on Sunday!!!! I have a dental appointment and will bring them along for any time in the waiting room. Knitting as fast as I can here....and wishing I had more time to visit and read blogs...

I have been working on my new art journal more pages here.

4 comments:

Mary Timme said...

It is so cold here today that we are staying home and not going to church tonight. The wind is just like ice today and the temp is about 23 degrees. It seems like a perfect day to make warm and snuggly things.

couragetocreatewriteandlove said...

I LOVE fingerless gloves, in fact, I cut mine in order to type and do stuff around the house when it gets real cold.
I am glad you have been busy with art and for the 90 celebration of the aunt of Mr Pear.
xxooxx

Jae said...

Your art is beautiful. What a gift you have! I could use some of those fingerless gloves - the furnace has been off and on for more than a week now! Hopefully it will be "ON" when we hit the teens this weekend!

Maryam in Marrakesh said...

I adore these beautiful indigo socks! They would be great in fingerless gloves. I wish I could knit!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails