bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Tuesday, January 01, 2008

First Night on the square......

Mr. Pear with 4-yr. old Reese on his back! We braved the cold night to attend the puppet parade and enjoy Lights of the Ozarks around our town square!


A large puppet of Janus, a Roman god with 2 faces, appeared early on in our town's First Night parade. He is the god of portals or gateways, looking forward and backward at the same time!



The puppets are larger than life , they are the colaborative creations of JoAnn Kaminsky, a local artist. Usually they are made by groups studying and working with her. The unicorn was fabulous and a favorite of Reese!
Other puppets include Mother Earth, The Wild Thing, Harry Potter, Leonardo Da Vinci, A wonderful King and Queen of First Night, several Dragons, and the newest, the large Blue Fairy with her butterfly friends!
Happy New Year to one and all!!!!!!

(BTW, my latest collages are here!)

7 comments:

Mary Timme said...

It looks like a fun time. Last night I slept like a log and didn't even hear my neighbors noisely welcome in the new year! I was really tired. But well rested now and happy to be back in blog landia!

gma said...

Lila, That sounds like an awesome celebration. The Puppet parade and all the fantastical puppets...wow!
HAPPY NEW YEAR!

smilnsigh said...

And a Happy and Healthy New Year to you and to yours,

Mari-Nanci

Janet said...

I'm so late but Happy New Year anyway! The first picture of Reese peeking out while riding on Mr Pear's back is just so cute. It seems you had a wonderful night out to see the parade.

Wishing you and yours all the best in 2008.

couragetocreatewriteandlove said...

I am so sorry I have not been commenting lately and paying you your very deserved attention in ou friendship.
I enjoyed your pictures very much!
Reese is beautiful!!!

Kahshe Cottager said...

What a fun time you all must have had! I stayed in and was in bed long before midnight - it was too cold for me! Happy New Year!!!

Your bread looks awesome .. I have taken the recipe and watched the video. Thanks for posting ... I am definitely going to try this. I haven't made bread for a long time and this seems painless!

J C said...

Wow, I love parades, and I would have loved to have seen that one!

Related Posts with Thumbnails