bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Sunday, January 27, 2008

I've been tagged by Gemma to post 5 random things about myself.
Here goes:


1. I have been a rock hound and now have an interest in cairns. These photos are from the Yorkshire dales and Scotland.
2. I had homemade, old-fashioned oatmeal (not the instant "gruely" kind) for breakfast. Yummmm, and it keeps me from being hungry for hours!
3. I need to exercise, walking and yoga are my favorites, but I feel that winter is too chilly to be outside...(I need encouragement here!) Most of my creative activities are very sedentary (as is blogging!!!!)...I need to keep moving!
4. I am trying to eat less overall and especially less "white" foods, milk, bread, and especially sugar. (It is hard to find a commercial marinara sauce which doesn't have sugar, but I'm reading those labels now!)
5. I would love to just escape into a good novel about England or Scotland! One of my favorite was "Keys to the Kingdom" by A.J. Cronin about a young Scottish boy who becomes a priest and goes into the missionary field in China.[ My all-time favorite movie star, Gregory Peck, played this role and was nominated for an Academy award!] Then of course, I could read one of the romantic time-traveling novels about this area....

That's five....but if you are intersted in cairns and "stacks of rocks" which have a sculptural quality check this.

I am supposed to tag 5 and give links to them...but just consider yourself tagged if you would like to do this!!!

5 comments:

Julie said...

Do you like standing stones as well as cairns? If so, and since you to want read a book about Scotland, try "Outlander" by Diana Gabaldon (set in the 1700s).

If you want a contemporary book set in Scotland, read Rosamunde Pilcher's "September."

As to encouragement while walking, just think, "It's not nearly as cold her as it is in ND." -18 this morning, promises to go as low as -30 tonight.

Love, Julie

Lila Rostenberg said...

Thanks Julie! I have read those books...but it has been some time ago!

couragetocreatewriteandlove said...

I relate to you with #2 and #4, LOL
Maeve Binchy is in Ireland more modern but amazing story teller.
I love Diana Gavaldon book even if I am with them reading for a year.

Laurie said...

I have had the real oatmeal when we were in Ireland, so much better!!
I agree with Julie ~ Rosamunde Pilcher's September is a great read!
I love to walk and average about 5 miles a day. But then here in MS it doesn't get too cold and no snow.
Hope you have a great day!

Diana Napier said...

I too love oatmeal and tried the "Scottish"grind oatmeal which was different and really good. I intended to buy it for my husband who has Scottish ancestors and use it as a stocking stuffer for Christmas but we broke into it earlier and its all gone now! What can I say about Gregory Peck! He is super,just watched Twelve O'Clock High again this month. Love him in Roman Holiday too.

Related Posts with Thumbnails