bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Friday, December 28, 2007

Why? It's too much......I can't sleep tonight!



Maybe posting a few images of the things tumbling through my brain will clear the slate and sleep will come....?

An American president from my world, and a very brave woman who has now been slain. It is too much!

For most of the fall, I have been trying to help and "fix" things....to make life better for those I love. I know it is impossible to do it all and make things just fine. (I do get frustrated when a meal I make is not savored, most are and I keep trying!). I need to get back to my own world...and do my art! I'm frustrated about the little stresses and now the world of terrorism and insanity comes to the forefront again! (Testosterone poisoning?)


Holding this baby I have had many moments of wonder and "being" not "doing". Doing exhausts me!
This beautiful suburban world in north Georgia ,of endless shops and material possessions for these beautiful homes exhausts me too. It is too much. ( But, I am excited about my new green paella pan. )

I know that peace and sleep will come....."It is as it is". No doubt the universe is unfolding as it should!
(Thanks for listening!)

3 comments:

Julie said...

Dear Lila,

Sadness for me, as dear daughter flew out at 1:10 pm today. At the airport I got to watch a smiley infant girl. I was reminded of your new grandson. I am glad you had moments of peace holding him.

Sadness, too, about Benazir Bhutto. A brave woman, surely. My daughter and I saw "Charlie Wilson's War" yesterday. Very timely, it turns out. (Or - the circle just goes 'round and 'round.)

I tried to do too much over the holidays and now my hands are screaming. Thank goodness dd was here to help as Dan wrenched his knee Christmas Eve day.

We all must now heal and help ourselves, and rest and regroup.

Love, Julie

Julie said...

P. S.

Love those green pans.

Julie

smilnsigh said...

I too could not just blog the other day, without saying that I did know of the events of the world.

In these blogs of mine now, which I say are in "Pretty Blog Land," I rarely mention world events. I made "PBL" to escape from all my Net places {blogs and otherwise} in which I was bogged-down in world news. So... I try to keep my "PBL" away from that. But, sometimes, I just can't act as if I am unknowing.

I admire your wish to help and "fix" things in your own world. It is a kind wish, but I fear none of us can "fix" things, for anyone. Near or far. "Fixing" has to be done by the persons themselves.

And for my own part, I have anguish in doing what I need to do, for my own sanity/health... Not paying attention to world news. I am torn between knowing I have to not pay attention any more... And the guilt of being able to not pay attention. -sigh-

You are not my advanced age. I know I can't be wound up in everything, any more. My body won't handle it. So, I try to protect myself, even while feeling guilty that I have this option. Silly hu?

"This beautiful suburban world in north Georgia ,of endless shops and material possessions for these beautiful homes exhausts me too. It is too much. ( But, I am excited about my new green paella pan. )" And I understand. You can have both feelings. It's perfectly alright to do so.

The whole tooooo muchhhhhhh aspect of living, unnerves me too. It is a topic with a million aspects, and each of them, is troublesome. -sigh-

Yes,... "It is as it is." Joseph Campbell had words for this.

"When we talk about settling the world's problems, we're barking up the wrong tree. The world is perfect. It's a mess. It has always been a mess. We are not going to change it. Our job is to straighten out our own lives."

Mari-Nanci

Related Posts with Thumbnails