bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Sunday, December 16, 2007

We did get the tree decorated!

You can see all the things still calling for attention...my "broken" sewing machine, a framed painting, packages to ship....

Instead, Mr. Pear is down with a cold....so to make our world more cozy and comforting, I am making some chocolate chip oatmeal cookies!

To stir the dough, I love to use this slotted spatula. It is now one of my favorite kitchen tools ( and I am giving some for gifts!). I think it was created to lift fish from being poached...but it works so well for stirring, mixing (almost like a whisk) not to mention, flipping pancakes and removing cookies from the baking sheet once they are done!



Now for that oatmeal cookie recipe!



Oatmeal Chocolate-Chip Cookies


Yields 18 large cookies



1 1/2 cups FLOUR
1/2 teaspoon SALT
1/2 teaspoon BAKING POWDER
8 ounces (2 sticks) UNSALTED BUTTER, softened
1 cup LIGHT BROWN SUGAR, packed
1 cup GRANULATED SUGAR
2 large EGGS
3 cups OATS
1 1/2 cups CHOCOLATE CHIPS



1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees, and line two large cookie sheets with parchment paper.
2. Whisk flour, salt and baking powder together in a medium bowl.
3. In a separate bowl, by hand or by mixer, beat butter until creamy. Add sugars and beat the mixture until fluffy, about 3 minutes. Beat in eggs one at a time.
4. Stir dry ingredients into butter-sugar mixture with a wooden spoon or a large rubber spatula. Stir in oats and chocolate chips.
5. Place dough onto parchment-lined cookie sheets by large spoonfuls (about 2 tablespoons each), leaving at least 2 inches between.
6. Bake until cookie edges turn golden brown, 20 to 25 minutes. Slide cookies (on parchment) onto cooling rack. Let cool, and store in airtight container.



Lila's variation:


Add grated zest of one orange and 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon to the dough!




Yummmmm!!!!!

3 comments:

gma said...

Lila your tree is so pretty. The cookies sound delicious,especially with your added cinnamon and orange zest! Sorry about your machine...but your paper quilts are wonderful and I must say the Parrish hall looks amazing.

Julie said...

Your tree is lovely! My tree was purchased yesterday, but still has no lights or ornaments. I have so much cleaning to do before Kristen comes home wed. night but my hands were so bad this weekend I couldn't work. Now they are fine and I can do my job just great. :{

Julie

The Dream said...

I'm copying this recipe - sounds deliciously delightful! Your tree is gorgeous!

Related Posts with Thumbnails