bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Saturday, December 29, 2007

I have found a delightful new treat!!!!

Honey Crisp apples! They are perfect right now and make me feel so much better than I do when I eat all those holiday goodies!




I have found these apples to have a juicy, almost "explosive" crispness!

Honey Crisp is the new sensation in the apple world, a large, sweet apple with crisp "to-die-for" texture! Believed to be an offspring of Macoun and Honey Gold, Honey Crisp was introduced in 1991 by the University of Minnesota breeders at Excelsior, MN. Both its parents were noted for having excellent flavor, moderate sized fruit, and "ok" texture. Honey Crisp's flavor is perhaps not as dramatic as Macoun at its peak, but is first rate. The Kicker in Honey Crisp is its crisp texture -- no other apple matches its crispness. (taken from www.applesource.com)

A fellow blogger raves about these apples here!
They have been around awhile, but have just now become available in some of our grocery stores.

1 comment:

Julie said...

Lila, I am so behind in commenting. I am glad you are back and blogging often.

My daughter bought an apple instead of sugary snacks to eat on the plane home. I should follow your examples. But I am reveling in tangerines this season!

Julie

Related Posts with Thumbnails