bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Saturday, November 17, 2007

This bassinet (but with a blue lining) will soon hold my grandson, Bindley! He was born at 2:35 this afternoon, in great health, and weighing 8 lbs and 11.6 ounces! He measured 21 inches long. We are quite delighted with him and will keep him, thank-you! [So far he has only slept in our arms as we pass him around....occasionally making tiny baby sounds, very sweet!]

Mother, father and baby are still at the hospital. I am at their home with my 8 year-old granddaughter (who is sleeping soundly now!)
In order to be sure that Laura is doing alright after delivering an infant of this size, she and the baby will not come home until Monday. [She is going to require a bit of time to heal from the complications...so I know I will be needed here.]

Now if I could just get myself to sleep and rest for the days ahead! Watching your daughter go through such an intense experience is far from relaxing, though in my case, it is all about feeling over-stimulated and wanting to "do" something...and here it is time to be asleep! [Sometimes blogging works like journaling, once it is written "out there" I can let it go and move on! I'm hoping that works now!]

11 comments:

Janet said...

Welcome sweet Bindley! You're gonna love it here....you have a terrific grandma!

Lila, I hope you can get some sleep. I'm sure you're gonna need it over the next few days but how exciting to have a new baby to love and cuddle. Hugs to everyone!!

Julie said...

Congratultions, Grandma! I was with my sister when she was in labor with her two youngest children. It is very exhausting for the coach too!

Get some rest now so you can be refreshed when Bindley III comes home!

Love,

Julie

Annie said...

How lovely, Lila, that your new baby is here and the mother is through with all the waiting and pushing. You're going to be very helpful for a while, that's for sure, and so will that 8 year old, I bet.

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the new addition. Such fun to have a new grandson. Love Hugs and Blessings to all

Mary Timme said...

What a big baby! I'm glad every one is well and are taking it easy before coming home. I hope you get some sleep. We were so lucky with both having grandchildren last week. Our was half of yours in weight, but a good fighting spirit and thriving and that is what we want. Thriving babies! Is anything better? I think not.

gma said...

So very happy for you all. I bet Lilia is excited!!! Love to the big sis and Bindley too!

Lisa Oceandreamer Swifka said...

Welcome to the world wee baby Bindley! How truly exciting (although I am sorry to hear she had some complications). Glad to know all will be home today though and let the cuddling begin!! You're going to need YOUR sleep too!
What a wonderful new thing to be thankful for this year!
Congratulations to all!
XOXOXO

Tammy said...

Congratulations! I love the name, Bindley - very cute!

Lila Rostenberg said...

Thanks! i think the name "Bindley" is more common as a last name. But this family has used it for 3 generations now!

couragetocreatewriteandlove said...

Congratulations dear Lila!

Miss Robyn said...

he was a big baby! I love the smell of new babies.. cannot wait to see photos as he grows. xoxo

Related Posts with Thumbnails