bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Sunday, November 25, 2007




A Reggae breakfast.....


This morning, we had an island breakfast here in Gerogia.


The main course is based on this fruit, the national fruit of Jamaica, ackee.


Jamaican friends were over for the meal, and reggae music( which I love!) was playing. Ackee can be prepared several ways....it is not a sweet fruit.



Today we had "Ackee and Saltfish" made by Baby Bindley's Jamaican grandfather, Bindley.



It is traditionally served with fried plantains, johnny cake and maybe boiled green bananas. Very different!






Hmmmm.....Now back to those Thanksgiving leftovers.....maybe turkey soup?

5 comments:

Mary Timme said...

Ah, the leftovers! Can't forget those. What fun to eat different locales food stuffs. I think the biggest differences I've experienced were moose or caribou for the roast. Well, and salmon caught wild and frozen! Fresh is best though!

Annie said...

It would make my day to start off like this.

gma said...

I love trying different ethnic foods. Ackee and Saltfish sounds interesting....definately Reggae playing in the background Mon!

Janet said...

Well, I learned something new! I've never heard of ackee. But I do love some reggae music now and then.

couragetocreatewriteandlove said...

I have had Jamaican food before and Love it alot!!!
I know how to make a couple of Jamaican side dishes and Jim makes the best jerk Jamaican chicken.
Music always!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails