bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Saturday, November 10, 2007

I am in Atlanta now!

Yesterday was a roadtrip of over 600 miles. This time the road was lined with fall colors!


I made a short side trip to walk around the town square of Holly Springs, Mississippi. This was just off the main road a mile or so and truly a delightful place.



The town was looking like a picture postcard of Thanksgiving...red and yellow maples, and beautiful old homes. The courthouse, with a cupola on the roof , eitts in the center of the square, with charming shops surrounding it!





I had just read Jan Karons' novel "Home to Holly Springs" and sure enough, when I checked the map for the route to my daughter's house, Holly Springs was on the way!!!!!

I'll have to stop again, on the way home, and get a burger at Phillips Grocery!




By the way, Blogger or some unknown glitch, is making it impossible for me to leave comments at the moment....I will be visiting many of your blogs, and hope this situation improves....

7 comments:

Julie said...

Dear Lila,

And here I thought my husband was a pedal to the metal kind of guy. 600 miles!!! Hoo, boy! I am glad that you took a little side trip. To Dan, that is a no-no!

Enjoy your time at your daughter's and with the new babe, WHEN it comes. (He comes.)

Julie

Julie said...

Dear Lila,

And here I thought my husband was a pedal to the metal kind of guy. 600 miles!!! Hoo, boy! I am glad that you took a little side trip. To Dan, that is a no-no!

Enjoy your time at your daughter's and with the new babe, WHEN it comes. (He comes.)

Julie

Anonymous said...

Is the baby coming? I have checked the blog each day waiting for your news. sounds like a great trip! Your books and trips seem to over lap! How funny. Lizzzzzzzy I will be in AZ the 19-26

Rebecca E. Parsons/Cre8Tiva said...

have a good txime in atlanta...waiting for your grandson...what a joy that has to be...i am betting on tomorrow...what part are you in...i lived in suluth for about 20 years...blessings,rebecca

Anonymous said...

Hope you enjoy your stay in Atlanta. I miss taking trips there to see my youngest daughter.

Mary Timme said...

That is a long trip and I've been unable to leave comments a couple of times too. Blogger is great, but now and then gets a little snippy, doesn't it!

couragetocreatewriteandlove said...

I love backroads!
I have traveled alot but not on the side of the world.
I am glad you got to see that area from the novel.

Related Posts with Thumbnails