bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Friday, November 02, 2007

Report of this weeks activities....

Art Center of the Ozarks silent auction of 5X5 paintings was last night! Mr. Pear and I attended and had a lovely time. It is a fund raiser for the art center for which local artists donate a 5" x 5" painting or artwork.



This painting of a zinnia bouquet was my donation this year. It had several bids then Mr. Pear put in a bid on it, so of course it ended up coming home with us! [I'm really kind of glad to have it back.]
I bid on and won another which has similar colors....it is of a fleamarket in Mexico by Janis Gill Ward.






I couldn't resist, I picked up Jan Karon's latest novel while running errands yesterday.


I have started it and am enjoying it, mostly because having read this entire series(the Mitford series) the characters are like old friends. Hers are books about peaceful and ordinary lives but with loads of charm and grace.






This is another "project" I have going right now...trying a new experiment in "paper quilts". One for each season of the year.
This is the winter quilt. My Bernina sewing machine rebelled at quilting these and is now going in to be repaired. I am VERY CAREFULLY finishing the quilting and bindings on my old Singer Featherweight!
Not much time to visit blogs, as I have deadlines for the upcoming show!

5 comments:

Mary Timme said...

Oh, I understand. I'm always spotty at best with blogs anymore. But what neat stuff you are doing. I'm glad the zinnia's came home with you and love the paper quilt. I've read a lot of the Karon books and like them too, but haven't gotten this one yet!

Julie said...

I like your paper quilts. I don't sew with a machine but I suppose small ones could be stitched by hand.

Julie

gma said...

Sending love to you as you finish your projects. How sweet that Mr. Pear bid on the zinnia boquet and you brought it home.
:-)

couragetocreatewriteandlove said...

Very sweet of Mr Pear! As expected ;-)
I like the one you won, too.

Never read those books. I think I have a couple of them somewhere around the house.
Stay well. Blessings!

Annie Jeffries said...

Oh that is so sweet. Mr. Pear must have really liked that picture. The Mexican flea market is a terrific win too.

Related Posts with Thumbnails