bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Sunday, October 14, 2007

This is a quilt on the living room wall at Mom's. It is "Lady of the Lake" and is quilted in "concentric" lines as if a stone were thrown into the water. It was one of the first quilts which I made in the 1980's. I like the peaceful, balanced quality it has even with the triangles and "arrows" leading the eye out from the center. Today I can think of this as the "pulse" of energy going out to all parts of the body from a beating heart.
Here is another area of Mom's living room. A bookshelf with antique irons being used as bookends on her collection of books about Laura Ingalls Wilder.

Mom read the whole series of "Little House" books to us while we were growing up. We always thought that Michael Landon was not correct in playing "Pa" (Charles Ingalls)in the TV series without a beard! We visited the Laura Wilder home in Mansfield, Missouri when I was 12!

Then we moved to a farm in Arkansas and had our own "Little House" adventures!

Mom sold the farm and moved to Little Rock 30 years ago. We have a medical school and good hospitals here.

This weekend, she had a proceedure to install a pacemaker. Her heart had been beating very slowly and sometimes pausing for 4 seconds or so. Now she should have good circulation and no more "fainting"/ falling spells.

We are also lining up Home Health RN and therapists to come and help her. Here is a diagram of the amazing pacemaker.....




10 comments:

gma said...

So glad all went well.
Sending prayers for her and for all of you.

GreenishLady said...

I am so glad the problem was identified and dealt with so promptly. That is wonderful news.

couragetocreatewriteandlove said...

Happy Birthday dear Lila!!!

Have the best day of your life today and forever!

I love your lady of the lake quilt. Lovely.

Those are my favorite books!
I grew up thinking I was Laura Ingalls. And I love the show very much too. My hair was on braids and and a face full of freckles.

Happy Birthday!!!

KaiBlue said...

Happy birthday for monday Lila!!
Peace and hugs, Kai

Miss Robyn said...

My dad had a pace-maker and it was a wonderful thing!
I always thought that I was related to the Ingalls - it is a family name and I have traced them to the US many years ago... maybe I am.. I loved Michael Landon *sigh*

Miss Robyn said...

oops - wishing you and your mum all my love xo

Mary Timme said...

Oh, I'm so praying your mother will be better! Another friend from blogland recently lost her grandmother! I loved reading about her grandmother! Soon, I hope to have her grandmother's hands in art that she is making! We'll keep you in our prayers.

Lila Rostenberg said...

Thanks everyone!

We are home now, and the real adjustments start!

Annie said...

Life changing moments, these Lila, and I'm sure your mother is relieved to have you there to help her. Hopefully she'll soon be feeling better than she has in a long while.

Laurie said...

Glad your Mom will be ok.
Keeping her and you in my prayers.

Related Posts with Thumbnails