bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Friday, October 19, 2007







The Oatmeal Chocolate Chunk Cookies I am baking right now!
They are delicious! The recipe is from "Cottage Living" magazine September 2004!



I am also reading a bit while at Mom's....

The first book, "Yarn Harlot...the secret life of a knitter," is a
humorous series of essays about her knitting addiction, by Stephanie Pearl-McPhee who also has a blog.


Speaking of knitting, I visited a new blogging friend, Marilyn from New Mexico. Reading her post, from a few days back, made me want the latest issue of Interweave Knit...Fall 2007. For this pattern.



I love the easy swing and asymmetrical closure of this cardigan...I think Marilyn planning to knit it too!




I am very intrigued by this book from Great Britain," Jane Brockett: The Gentle Art of Domesticity", just published by a domestic goddess and articulate blogger/photographer, Jane Brockett. Every photograph she uses on her blog is luscious....and her book would be a true delight. It has just been published and I may "need" a copy to celebrate my recent birthday!





Finally, both of these bloggers, Jane and Marilyn recommended visiting this knitting designer!

4 comments:

gma said...

The book looks great. Hope you get it! Love homemaking books etc.
Have a great weekend.

Marilyn in NM said...

Doesn't that issue of Interweave have just the greatest patterns in it???? I'm so glad we met up through the blogging community. I love meeting people that have the same interests as I do.
Have a great "rest of the" weekend!!!

Annie said...

What I truly love about Fall and Winter is the pleasure of knitting and baking. You've got me dreaming here, Lila. I'm going to stop in a Barnes and Noble tomorrow to look at that issue of Interveave. I imagine I'd better take some cash along, hadn't I.

smilnsigh said...

Oh my! How totally delicious looking!! Yummmmmmm... Cookies...

Ahhhh, The Yarn Harlot! ,-) My daughter who is into yard, took a pic of her, at a Yarn gathering she attended. But I didn't know anything about her.

Btw, my daughter has a blog also... called Saratoga Knitting. Her trip to Rhinbeck Show, is in the Oct. 21 entry.

Perhaps you will have a moment to drop by and say Hi. Please tell her that her mom - Mari-Nanci, sent you. :-)

Mari-Nanci
And my Daily City Photo blog is...
Photos-City-Mine

Related Posts with Thumbnails