bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Thursday, October 18, 2007

It's time for fall color!!!!

My three hundreth(300th) post!
......I am a "maple"..........A quietly "colorful" character!



Celtic tree lore has a tree for whatever month you are born in.....here is the one for this week....which is also my birthday week!


October 14-October 23: Those born on this date also fall under the lesser influence of a secondary tree...the Maple, whose motto is "Combative Angel" or "Independence of Mind." Maple individuals are far from ordinary and never completely satisfied with standard replies. They admire those who clearly assert themselves and rise eagerly to any challenge. Maple people are full of imagination and originality, inclined to stand out in a crowd due to their willpower and sense of committment. Though appearing shy and somewhat reserved, they are truly ambitious, proud and self-confident. Maples hunger for new experiences and have a desire to impress. They enjoy what is unknown, strange and even hostile. The inherent Maple need for independence often clashes with the need to be surrounded by a community. With a tendency to be nervous, Maple people have many complexities. They possess excellent memories and easily learn new things. The love relationships of Maple individuals tend to be complicated affairs.

I would go along with most of this.....especially the "independence of mind"! Which sometimes conflicts with the need for community.
Blogging has helped me to enlarge my community and I am truly grateful to all of you who visit and comment! I have been able to feel connected to a community even when away from home! [BTW, a very synchronistic event happened this afternoon! I was taking Mom to her primary care physician's office and who did I see but Annie of Little Rock Daily photo....who had stopped briefly in the waiting room, to get directions....
What a small world even the blogging world can be!]


Read more about your Celtic tree zodiac here.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello Maple
May your blog grow and florish for another 300 plus posts!
Bravo!

Naturegirl said...

Well from one Maple to another.....
{{{{{{{{HAPPY BIRTHDAY}}}}}}DON'T WE JUST LOOK SO Autumn so mosaic this time of year!!
I celebrate on the 21st!!Hugs and WOW 300 posts!!.... Maple NG

Julie said...

I am an oak!

Happy 300th post!

Hope your mom continues to improve.

Hugs, Julie

Lisa Oceandreamer Swifka said...

Congrats on your 300th post Lila...long may you flourish! I hope you had a wonderful birthday too (did you get my email btw?)
Blogging definitely widens our community - it's a true blessing!
XOXO

Annie said...

Had I read this before I saw you I'd have wished you the happiest of birthdays, Lila.

Sheila said...

Belated best wishes for your birthday..!
and congratulations on 300 posts.
This is my favourite time of year, and we are surrounded by Maples up here in Canada. I love your photo of the one red Maple leaf.
I hope your mother continues to improve.
Thank you, for stopping by and leaving a comment.xx

smilnsigh said...

Happy 30th post!

Belated Happy Birthday!

I am the Alder.

Mari-Nanci

Mary Timme said...

Hello to a Maple as I'm a Hawthorne. I read all of it, but am confused as to what I'm supposed to be, so I won't worry about it. I liked your tree very much though as well as the post.

Marilyn in NM said...

Wow, 300 posts!!!! What an achievement! I'm still working on my first 100.
Thanks for visiting and commenting on my blog. It's so appreciated. I'm so glad I've found yours!

gma said...

Wow 300 posts.I truely enjoy your blog and all the homespun ideas, projects and recipes. Congratulations!

Kimberly Ann said...

The celtic tree zodiac is so interesting, thanks for introducing me to it.

Related Posts with Thumbnails