bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Sunday, October 07, 2007

For days there is a dull roar heard as a background sound in our town. The Annual Bikes, Blues, and Barbeque event is here again!

The first weekend in October, an estimated 350,000 bike (or blues? or barbeque?) fans descend upon our area of the planet.
This used to irritate me no end.!!!!!!!
I was delighted when we were in Flagstaff at this time last year!!!!
************************************
This year, remember, I am trying to live with an "open" and accepting attitude.
SOOOOO........lets go see what this is all about!
It is mind-boggling to see so many bikes together!
And not a few gals wearing black leather...(this one has gray on the temples....YES!)
After dark, Mr. Pear and I went downtown for the evening, walking in crowded streets, going from bar to bar...to find standing room...and some lively interesting fellow "party-animals" (HA!)......
A new sign appeared on a local restaurant.... Good beer, good food and interesting conversation...........and corner evangelists!!!!!
One corner preacher had a sign saying....."THIS PARTY ENDS IN HELL"!
[Most of the "revelers" were harmless, aging baby boomers out for a warm fall evening; there was a strong presence of law enforcement. Our city does not allow alcohol to be served or carried out onto the street....and the weekend is organized to raise money for local charities.]
So, because of my new "open" attitude, I got out of the house and was able to eat barbeque rather than cook! [ I would find myself starting to tense up and worry about, "where will we ever find a place to park..etc...." then I would remember that I am "open" now, I didn't have to try to control even that!,.... sure enough, both nights, a place "opened" up for us as Mr. Pear drove up!]

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

My Father use to be one of the bikers who went on rides like this one. My son tells me the nicest people are riders.
The noise though is deafening.
Being open worked a miracle worked a miracle it seems....a parking place, that was fun to read.

gma said...

Lila, You really did have a full weekend. The Botanical garden looks lovely...then the bikers, bar hopping, and BBQ. LOL
Nice picture of you and Mr. Pear.
Say "hi" to him from me.
:-)

Lila Rostenberg said...

Yes, that weekend is probably why I feel like being open to taking it slowly and doing less today!!!!

Kahshe Cottager said...

This would be quite the experience! I think I may be one of the ones heading out of town as I would not like the noise and commotion!

couragetocreatewriteandlove said...

So you were a reveler, too!
LOL
I am glad of this attitude "OPEN"
if that means doing and controlling less, that's fine!
I was hard with me at the beginning but now I am just enjoying myself too much ;-)

smilnsigh said...

May we all learn to have an "open" attitude. May I, especially!

I love it that you got enjoyment out of something, which previously would have been irritating. Think how much happier your body was, on Monday morning, to not have had to deal with stress and agitation, all weekend long! :-)

Go you!!!

Thank you so much for commenting in my blog. I think I've found a kindred spirit.

Mari-Nanci

Related Posts with Thumbnails