bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Sunday, September 09, 2007



Today's window painting is by Santa Fe artist, Evelyne Boren. She calls it the "Land of Lavender".


I spent today with a friend from my high school and college days. We visited the garden which her son had worked this summer....no there were no rows of lavender in bloom, but the sunny yellow and blue of this painting are perfect for my feelings in visiting with her and gathering tomatoes in her son's garden!
It is a rare and wonderful thing to have friends who travel with you through life!
They share experiences and memories.....we knew each other's parents, and though both of our fathers are now gone, we can compare notes on how our mothers are doing and look back at dreams we once had..some fulfilled and some not yet realized!
Now to prepare a wonderful supper of fresh greenbeens, tomatoes and eggplant!

4 comments:

Julie said...

Lila,

I have never told you how much I like your "Window Series" paintings. One day I am going to write a post about those mysterious doorways called "Portals."

Hugs,

Julie

Janet said...

Of course I love the window painting...."Land of Lavender"

How nice that you got to spend the day with your friend and get lots of fresh veggies too. Am I too late for supper??

Carole Burant said...

I agree with you, it's wonderful to have a life long friend that you've shared the years with...how fun to have visited a garden with her:-) As for the fresh veggies for dinner...yummmmm!! xox

couragetocreatewriteandlove said...

I am glad you had a great time with your friend.
Mentioning eggplant now I am hungry ;-)

Related Posts with Thumbnails