bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Thursday, September 27, 2007

[Up-dated on Sunday evening]....I'm home now and have scanned some of my
thread sketches.....the ones I mentioned in the text below.....


this one is "Pears and Pomegranate", and the next one is "Vintage Girl".

I stitched her hair, eyebrows, eyelashes, outlined her face and dress. I did not stitch her nose and mouth. I had added the collage of paper and fabric elements before I stitched. This is based on an old photo of my mom. The bird and the grapes were from some motifs she had sketched and saved for use in embroidery or other handwork.







I had a lovely "art day" yesterday trying the thread sketching technique fromKelli
Perkin
's article (p.74) in the current (Sept-Oct) issue of Cloth Paper Scissors.



I don't have a scanner or camera....so these examples from Kelli are all I can use to illustrate this post. Black thread on watercolor paper....more later!

13 comments:

Rebecca E. Parsons/Cre8Tiva said...

painting with thread...love the idea...thanks for the dance...blessings, rebecca

Sweetpea said...

looks lovely xxx

Janet said...

I saw this in the magazine and thought it looked interesting....but not exactly the kind of thing I would try! I'm looking forward to seeing yours.

Anonymous said...

Please share - love the idea, and have yet to try it. Next time!

Anonymous said...

Wonderful!

Julie said...

I saw that article and I am eagerly awaiting the results of your work. It is frustrating to be without a printer and scanner, isn't it? Are you at your mom's on the weekends too?

Julie

Lila Rostenberg said...

I'm still here for a day or two, then heading home for a bit. I think Mr. Pear is missing me!

Mary Timme said...

It looks like a collaging technique but it is intriquing! Always something new, right?

gma said...

How awesome that is...would like to try this is an altered book.

One Crabapple said...

oooo black thread on watercolor paper...oooo. This IS inspiring !!! love it !

Kelli Nina Perkins said...

Love it Lila! Watch out, it's addictive :) Your composition is lovely. Kelli

lizzzzzzzy said...

You amaze me first time try and it is wonderful. You and Pears are one :-)
Glad you are home again. lizzzzy

couragetocreatewriteandlove said...

Well, Looks super to me!

Related Posts with Thumbnails