bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Tuesday, September 04, 2007




Here are some of my current projects....


The first pitcher with pompom zinnias from my garden is posing for the 5X5 acrylic painting I am doing of them!


This is for a donation to a local art center's fundraising auction in November.





Just back from the framer's, the big watercolor above (sorry about the "flash" reflection) is ready for another art show in November. I think it is fun, thought provoking and very different from my usual work! I call this one "Fallen Angel".


The last photo shows the dolls I received in out ART DOLL SWAP, as well as a couple of others which I collected over the years.....this hangs at the entrance to my art studio! (note: the "little Green" woodland sprtie doll from Lisa Oceandreamer isn't hanging...she sits on her own log!)


My biggest news is that I have given notice at my part -time job. This will free me to do other things which need to be done, as well as giving me more creative time!

14 comments:

Carole Burant said...

Such beautiful paintings you do...I've always admired people who can paint/draw because that's something I'm not good at, at all:-) Love all your art dolls...so much talent out there in the blogging world!! I'm sure you'll love having more time to yourself now that you're giving up your part time job!! xox

Mary Timme said...

Oh, hurrah for you! I'm so glad as you have a lot happening in your life right now! Yippee!

couragetocreatewriteandlove said...

Congratulations !!!

Here for more success in your creations!

P.S. Beautiful dolls!

couragetocreatewriteandlove said...

I adore your paintings, too!

Janet said...

Yay!! More creative time! That means more beautiful paintings like the ones here. I'm smiling!!

Annie said...

Freedom to be . . . and to do, Lila. Congratulations on your soon-to-be retirement from working.

Laurie said...

Lovely zinnia painting!! Such happy flowers...
The dolls are wonderful and such a neat way of displaying them.
You sound quite at peace about your job...I love seeing your art and hope to see more!!

Arty Lady's blog said...

Your paintings are lovely, as is your doll display.

Congratulations on handing in your notice - I am extremely jealous - more creative time for you.

Hugs
Liz xo

Annie said...

Hi Lila, I just dropped back by to say that IS a heavenly blue morning glory on my blog today. The packet of seeds identified it as that.

Miss Robyn said...

oh Lila! I love both your paintings. If I were there, I would be buying that at the art auction for sure.. your 5 x 5 is gorgeous too.

Lila Rostenberg said...

Thank-you all! Maybe I need to do a pinting of Annie's heavenly blue morning glory!

gma said...

Lila I love your art.
Also like the way you displayed the dolls. Congrats on finding more free time.
;-)

nonizamboni said...

Zinnias--my favorite! And you have made them come alive. Love your colors, as usual.

Sweetpea said...

I love to see the dolls! when I visit my dad I always stop and look at the ones Daisy received xxx

Related Posts with Thumbnails