bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Sunday, September 02, 2007


Color, a natural history of the palette.
This is one of the books I am reading now....I just love it...(armchair)traveling throughout history and the world learning where pigments and traditions (i.e.why are pencils usually yellow?) originate! Lots of blood, sweat and tears involved and many unappealing but effective sources for dyes...insects from Mexico for a wonderful red...lapis lazuli for royal blue....
I will eventually reach the chapter on "INDIGO".... I'll keep you posted!
I just took at test on Janet's blog and learned that I am a purple crayon!
You Are a Purple Crayon
Your world is colored in dreamy, divine, and classy colors.You hold yourself to a sky high standard, and you are always graceful.People envy, idolize, and copy you without realizing it. You are an icon for those who know you.And while it is hard to be a perfectionist, rest assured it's paying off!
Your color wheel opposite is yellow. While yellow people may be wise, they lack the manners and class needed to impress you.
What Color Crayon Are You?

7 comments:

Julie said...

Lila,

Have you read "True Colors: A Palette of Collaborative Art Journals"? I think you would love it. It's about art work (mostly collage) using two or at most three main colors. It really set off a whirlwind of art activity in me.

Julie

gma said...

Hi Lila...hope you are enjoying your weekend.
I am a green crayon.:-)

Carole Burant said...

Happy Labour Day dear Lila! I am also a purple crayon:-) xox

Mary Timme said...

Hi Lila,
I'm a red crayon so nothing new there! But I used purple today in playing around and enjoyed it far more than I thought. I love reading books like that. I got a new one too. As soon as I'm done here I'm off to look at it and read the afternoon away!

Miss Robyn said...

Hi Lila - just wanted to say hi - it seems so long since I visited and I was just going to reply to an email that you sent a week or so ago but I thought I would come here instead. Hope all is well with you - bright blessings ! xo

Janet said...

Color is fascinating to me so I'm sure I would enjoy that book. I'll add it to my (long!) list.

You're a purple crayon! I knew there was a connection between us!!

couragetocreatewriteandlove said...

Now I am curious, I wonder what color am I? LOL

Related Posts with Thumbnails