bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Thursday, August 30, 2007


















Mail....both kinds!!!!and mermaids too!!!!
(Synchronicity at work!!!!)


Arriving home yesterday, I was greeted by a lovely e-mail from Carmen. She had photographed my name spelled out in seashells, beside a piece of mermaid art. Stunning!
Carmen tells me that the mermaid is from Gemma's "pay it forward" art offer. I love redhaired mermaids....and here is a watercolor I did last year of one who is maybe a litle vain? (Aren't most of us who blog!!!???)


I also had a package from Arizona!!!!
A few weeks back, in a greedy moment, I left a comment with Gemma to "win" some of her art work in the "pay it forward" art offer. [I have some "Gemma art" already, the "indigo pears" in my sidebar!]. Never-the-less, I wanted MORE....she came through with a lovely 5X7 collage/watercolor with pearls and feathers. It is about my name!


LILA


Origin: Sanskrit Meaning: Divine Play


Origin: Persian Meaning: Dark Haired Beauty



I have read about my name a lot over the years, and do so appreciate having this to hang in my art studio. I think the "divine play" aspect will be a blessing for years to come as the "dark beauty" fades...(remembering the Michelle Pfeiffer 400 year-old witch in "Stardust", LOL)
Thank-you, Gemma. (now I need to do the art for those who left comments on my "pay-it-forward" post!)
One last package contained two items from Corey at Tongue in Cheek Antiques !!!!
They are antique French postcards and Limoges charms found by Corey at the Paris Flea Markets. Now I can touch and hold in my hand something related to her wonderful blog!


7 comments:

Julie said...

Lila, how wonderful to have all that waiting for you when you got home from your trip. You are a very deserving lady.

Your beauty will never fade, whether dark-haired or not.

By the way, it is ok to be vain when you produce good work. I LOVE your red-haired mermaid.

Yes, Corey's blog is wonderful. I should add it to my sidebar. For now, I click on it from your sidebar!

I am struggling today.

Julie

couragetocreatewriteandlove said...

You are a beautiful woman!
In and out and forever!!!

couragetocreatewriteandlove said...

P.S. I love the meaning of your name alot!

gma said...

Dear Lila,
It was such a pleasure making Lila girl for you! Glad you like her.
Charms from a Paris Flea Market how awesome.
Carmen is a wonderful lady too..
met her through your blog.
:-)

Julie said...

Lila,

Did you see nonizamboni's post about the cookbook from Fargo, ND? I am eagerly awaiting your post about the cookbook from Tolna.

Hope your first day back at work was ok.

Julie

Annie said...

Happy Day, Lila. Your smile radiates through your blog today.

Lila Rostenberg said...

Thank-you all for your effervescent comments! You brighten my world!

Related Posts with Thumbnails