bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Friday, June 22, 2007





This is my first time to post for Show and Tell Friday hosted by Kelli!

With summer here, I wanted to show you my mermaid ornament.

She is of shimmery blown glass, about 6" tall, holding a "fan" of scallop shells.


I wish she had a lovely family story attached but she was the only, lonely mermaid hanging among the Christmas ornaments in a local store last September.....must have gotten lost in her deep ocean swims....


I love her "almost red" hair!


Perhaps I will get a mermaid doll (or 2) made this summer....she needs some friends!

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

It sure would be fun to be a mermaid for a day...
fun ornament!

Kim said...

All family heirlooms have to have some beginning. Perhaps in 30 years someone will be blogging about her belonging to their beloved mother.

Susan said...

Very cute. Do you leave her out all year?
Susan

LBP said...

What a beautiful ornament! I love unusual ornaments and have far too many!

Lila Rostenberg said...

She hangs in my sewing/craft studio along with several handmade dolls from our doll swap...

Lisa Oceandreamer Swifka said...

oh my, isn't she beautiful!!! I would have snatched her up too!! She is one that can be out all year long knowing she was not abandoned and always ready for a venture back to the sea.

XOXO

Anonymous said...

I love that she was a one of kind on that tree and you picked her out! She is very pretty.

Trella said...

Well, one day she will be family heirloom. Very cute!

Carole Burant said...

I've seen many blown glass ornaments but never a mermaid...she's gorgeous!! I love it that you keep her out all year long:-) Have a terrific weekend! xox

Kelli said...

I love mermaids! Yours is so pretty...what a special treasure!
Kelli

Julie said...

Lila,

Now that she is living with you she will have a story - and it will be an exciting one. I love mermaids.

Myrna said...

She is a beauty. She is already precious to you. That is how heirlooms begin!

Mary Timme said...

I'd never thought of a mermaid ornament. Dancing in the sea, yes, but not an ornament. How wonderful is that? And she if getting merebuddies! Even better! Gotta love that.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
couragetocreatewriteandlove said...

I think I a am going to need a mermaid, Jim!!! LOL

Related Posts with Thumbnails