bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Wednesday, June 20, 2007


This is Lunarose, the midsummer fairy doll I finished today. She flies around gardens in the moonlight, sipping dewdrops and looking for the perfect rose!
[I'm sorry to only have a scanned image....I have some really cute ones on her in flight, but we've had some technology changes with the computer/printer system since the last time I uploaded digital photos...I can get it into a viewer, but not a file for saving and using on my blog....oh, well! (I'll post those whenever I do get it "worked out")] She is sparkly and shimmery and is very proud of the tatooed rose vining its way around her left ankle. (May be visible in a "flying" photo!)
Lunarose is going to a new home this evening....at our
DQS* Summer Solstice party to welcome the fairies back for the summer....she is going home with Lizzzzy as this doll was made for her in our doll swap!
* DQS is a small group of friends, all of whom used to hang out at my quilt shop....one of our sons called us the "dead quilter's society" (after the movie with Robyn Williams, "Dead Poets Society") Lizzzzy had jokingly commented that perhaps we are also the Drama Queen Sisters....take your pick!

15 comments:

Janet said...

Lunarose is so delicate and beautiful. She looks ethereal and heavenly and I'm sure she'll love her new home. I had a good chuckle about DQS!! Either version is good.

Arty Lady's blog said...

Oh my gosh Lila, she is absolutely gorgeous!!!!

Unknown said...

She is gorgeous!!!!!! I so love her, well done.
Can you email me your address please?
altermyworld2@yahoo.ca
Ang

Carole Burant said...

Oh Lila, she is just beautiful!! What a fabulous job you did making her. Her new owner is very lucky and I'm sure will treasure it always!! I'm still giggling over the Dead Queens Society! lol xox

Crayons said...

Hi Lila,
Lunarose is beautiful. I actually like the scan. I'll go out in the garden on the 24th.

Naturegirl said...

Lunarose is so pretty in pink..she would Love my rose garden filled with frilly pink rose petals to make into a dress.. and lots of dewdrops to glitter her hair!Lovely work! She touches my heart! hugs NG

Mary Timme said...

What a neat fairy doll! I'm going to be going through the camera thing as I bought a new one this morning and it will probably give me fits until I get it learned. It is much more advanced than my little point and shoot.

Feeling sleepy, as I took a percocet after having two teeth pulled this afternoon.

Lisa Oceandreamer Swifka said...

Lunarose is absolutely lovely and oh so charming! I bet she's even a wee bit mischievous. Love her colors too!

I got good giggle from the DQS....both meanings!!

XOXO
Love,
Lisa

Pam Aries said...

Ohhhhhh, she is so pretty ! she would fit so well in my house! ha! Thank you for stopping by! ..I apologize for being so remiss in coming to see you! I do love your blog and your art! after my last PC problems , I lost all my contacts!

Kelli said...

Lunarose is so pretty and delicate and I LOVE the idea of a Summer Solstice party to welcome the fairies back for the summer!! Have fun!
Kelli

Julie said...

Lila,

Lunarose looks to me like a flapper gal. Is that appropriate? Hope so, because I love her. I still SOMEDAY want to have a Fern and a Moon Goddess but for now must think of non-ethereal things like a new deck and remodeling the bathroom!

Laurie said...

Oh she is absolutley perfect!!! I love her name ~ have fun at your Summer Solstice party!

lizzzzzzzy said...

Thank you dear friend she is all you scanned and more. I wish each of you could just hold her, I swear she is magic! Just holding her makes me smile. Lizzzzzzzzzzzzzy

Bimbimbie said...

She's sweet looking, lovely name too.

couragetocreatewriteandlove said...

Love her!

Related Posts with Thumbnails