bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Tuesday, June 05, 2007


On Daisy Lupin's blog, yesterday, was a picture of this painting by Van Gogh. One I don't remember seeing before!
I had to "save" it to spend some time looking at it...so much blue, including indigo, a dull olive green and the large amount of blues (which recede visually) being balanced by the soft buttery yellow daisies. A very soothing painting! (What would be lost if the dark blue/black anemone were not in the bouquet?
I think it serves to sort of "ground" the fluffy lilacs and is definitely a focal point, leading us into the painting.)
Speaking of art....I just played around and posted a video montage of my paintings from last summer here!
Take a peek!

9 comments:

Janet said...

I don't remember ever seeing this painting either but I do love it. You're right about that dark anemone - it really makes everything work.

Your montage of paintings is just beautiful. You have such talent.

Daisy Lupin said...

I have recently come across this painting and one or two others of flowers in vases by Van Gogh, that I have never seen before. I love Van Gogh, but it is really lovely to see what I could call 'fresh' ones.

Annie said...

This one is new to me as well. It wouldn't have the same impact without that black flower in there, not the same impact at all.

Anonymous said...

Hi Lila,
This is a concise and helpful reading of VG's painting. I am still learning about color, so your thoughts push me ahead. I'm trying to load your montage, but my little computer can't quite handle it. I'll try again.

couragetocreatewriteandlove said...

I love it Lila! and your slide show, too, as always your art is lovely!

Anonymous said...

I liked the question you posed.
From now on I will look at paintings with this in mind.

gma said...

Lila...Beautiful Van Gogh and your painting montage is very cool. Do add the music to your pix or how did you do that?

Mary Timme said...

I really like the painting, and it is strange that a painting with so much blues has an energized as well as soothing feeling. So many times the balance is off. Vinncent hit it on this one didn't he. I love it.

Sue Seibert said...

The blue Van Gogh is beautiful. I do love you montage!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails