bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Saturday, June 02, 2007














My contribution to Daisy Lupin's "Poems we loved as children"....

What is Pink?
by Christina Rossetti

What is pink? a rose is pink
By the fountain's brink.
What is red? a poppy's red
In its barley bed.
What is blue? the sky is blue
Where the clouds float thro'.
What is white? a swan is white
Sailing in the light.
What is yellow? pears are yellow,
Rich and ripe and mellow.
What is green? the grass is green,
With small flowers between.
What is violet? clouds are violet
In the summer twilight.
What is orange? why, an orange,
Just an orange!



Looking back, I realize just how much I have always loved color! (And there is
a pear again, in her visualization and description of lovely things to paint!)

7 comments:

Julie said...

Thank you, Lila!

I was not familiar with this poem so I'm happy you chose it.

Lila Rostenberg said...

It was from a book of nursery rhymes...she has one about a caterpillar too!

Annie said...

My first time, too, to read this poem. But it won't be my last. I shall read it to my grandchildren soon and I bet they will delight in it as I did.

Mary Timme said...

Very nice Lila,
Isn't it fascinating how many colors we have names for but that aren't objective in the sense of yellow and blue? It is such a fascinating fact to me. Love this post.

Daisy Lupin said...

Lila, your poem is now posted on my poetry fest website.

couragetocreatewriteandlove said...

You are a winner! The lucky winner of one of the give-a-way journals!

YAY!!!!!!!!!

Lila Rostenberg said...

Whoo-hoo! I'll be over to see you Carmen!

Related Posts with Thumbnails