bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Tuesday, June 19, 2007



Looking for ways to celebrate the solstice....maybe watching the movie, "A Midsummer Night's Dream".






Mr. Pear is home with bronchitis...resting in bed and taking his Rx.....but I have to share the computer with him (glad to of course!) He works on-line.....

So this will not be a long post.

I went to the farmer's market and bought a lovely bouquet....tried to post a photo of it, but it wouldn't load onto the computer....the flowers (bouquet) are the beginning of my summer solstice celebration. I will try to get them posted eventually.

In the meantime, I had been reading the early months of Daisy's blog....(what she posted before I had been reading blogs).
She wrote about loving art featuring windows. She collected art postcards on this theme. I love it too, and decided to use a painting for this post since my bouquet photo wouldn't co-operate. (I may do a watercolor of the bouquet and can scan that later)
This is a Salvador Dali painting.....I think it says a lot!

4 comments:

couragetocreatewriteandlove said...

I love the painting!
There was this song which I used to play over and over, it goes something like this:
Eungenio Salvador Dali, realist and surrealist, impressionist genious shouldn't die, if you reencarnate please be a pen ...
If I could translate, you will love it, too!
I love that song!!!

couragetocreatewriteandlove said...

Thank you for making me bring those memories!

Janet said...

I hope Mr Pear is feeling better.

I just commented on Lisa's blog that I've been keeping fresh flowers in the house recently! I like buying the ones at Trader Joe's because they usually have a casual look....nothing too formal. I had forgotten about the summer solstice coming up.

I, too, love art with windows or doors. The picture you have here is beautiful. I can almost smell the ocean air and feel the cool breeze. I could use that today!

Lisa Oceandreamer Swifka said...

Your painting is beautiful Lila! So fresh. I've been thinking a lot about flowers lately and will be going back to having them in the house all the time.

I hope Mr. Pear feels better, so sorry to hear he's ill!

I have a strong affinity for photography of doors and windows. Art as well, but in photographic images I always wonder "who looked out that window" - 'who entered and exited those doors'.

Summer Solstice, with all that's happened I had completely forgotten. Thanks for the reminder.

Sending you love and hugs,
Lisa
XOXO

Related Posts with Thumbnails