bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Saturday, June 23, 2007

In the garden with Daisy.....


A peaceful image for a special day of fun and play, this is a painting by Margaret Tarrant an early 20th century illustrator. (She illustrated "Water Babies" in 1908.)



Today we can celebrate Fairy Day in honor of our late friend and blogger, Daisy Lupin. Daisy loved the idea of fairies and fairie day. It was she who made us more aware of these summer garden visitors!



In playing along with this, Carmen, of Strawberries and Champagne gave a link on her blog to find your fairy name. This is fun! (Like we need to have more names to remember?!)



Mine is Diamond Honey Nameen. My granddaughter is Diamond Heart Pomegranate and Mr. Pear is Pomegranate Hop Trail (as in "take a hike"? he does love hiking!)). [The funny thing is that our granddaughter had named him "Pom-Pom" when she was just learning to talk!]



It's late and the weekends are my busy time with my part-time job so I am wishing you all a happy Fairy Day. Do something fun for your inner child today!


Evening update: after work
Mr. Pear aka "Pomegranate Hop Trail" and I went for a walk this evening through the old part of town where one can find cottages and cottage gardens....we looked for elusive fairies.
Perhaps we were a bit early, not even the fireflies were out yet....but here at home, I was able to finally post a digital photo rather than a scan of the fairy doll made to celebrate midsummer. Here is Lunarose, the moonlight rose fairy flying near some calla lilies...you can almost see the rose tatoo on her ankle!

5 comments:

Julie said...

Oh, thank you, Lila, I had seen that picture on Daisy's post from Fairy Day a year ago when her cat died. I wanted to use it but did not know who to attribute it to. I love those old Victorian/Edwardian/1920s/1930s images.

Re: Your granddaughter's dress: It is beautiful, but what would OUR moms have said about wrinkles!!!

gma said...

Yeah!!!! Happy Fairy day!!!Will finish my Mid-summer fairy doll today!
:-)

Kelli said...

Wow, that is the sweetest picture!! Happy Fairy Day to you!
Kelli

Kahshe Cottager said...

Happy Fairy Day .... what a lovely image and tribute.

Love the "Tuna" Dress - I really must get my sewing machine going again soon!

couragetocreatewriteandlove said...

Carole from Pea's corner just got a rose tattoo for her 49 birthday, I think she will enjoy this post of Lunarose

Related Posts with Thumbnails