bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Thursday, June 14, 2007







I'm home!


At Ozark, I left the interstate and took "The Road Less Traveled"! In fact, I never saw another car in front of me or behind me in my lane!



From Wikipedia....."SCENIC HIGHWAY 23 - A National Scenic Byway connecting from Hwy. 71 south of Booneville, northward from Ozark to its junction with Ark. Hwy. 16. The Byway is known as "Pig Trail" to Razorback football enthusiasts. "
[I'll try to do some sketches to illustrate why I love this road....it could be a few days (or not), as I have to work all weekend!]






Waiting for me here, was a package from Carmen!


I had won her journal giveaway....well, the package was a bit larger than that....she included a jar of her homemade peach and pepper jam! ...I thought, this is the best smelling package I have ever received!....hmmm! What? More goodies?
The wonderful smell was the lavendar soap! and a pair of taupe cotton socks...love those! and a little bird cookie cutter , perfect for cutting tea cookies! (of course, I have a recipe for lavendar tea cookies, too!)

The journal has a perfect rose and a quiet little bird....until it begins to sing, I'm sure!!!! I will love writing and cutting and pasting in this!!!!!

Thank-you Carmen!!!!!

I just found a link to this inner child "test" on Corey's blog, Tongue in Cheek....
Mine says that my inner child is "surprised".
I'd say that this rings true and the post above rather backs it up! I do find wonderful things in the ordinary....

Your Inner Child Is Surprised
You see many things through the eyes of a child.Meaning, you're rarely cynical or jaded.You cherish all of the details in life.Easily fascinated, you enjoy experiencing new things.

7 comments:

Janet said...

I love taking the back roads. They're much more interesting than all the busy highways. And aren't you the lucky one!! That journal is gorgeous! Plus jam, lavender soap and all the other goodies. What a nice welcome home!

Anonymous said...

Welcome back, Lila. Backroads, both actual and metaphoric are often the best way to go through life. Am I right? I'm going to have to get my atlas out to.... I'm sorry .... figure out exactly where Arkansas is. Then I'll look for the road. Zero in American Geography.

Lisa Oceandreamer Swifka said...

Welcome back!
Sometimes taking the back roads is when you find the most remarkable sights. G and I like doing that on our weekend out and about....hmm where does this road go?

What a lovely parcel you received from sweet Carmen! Ah the smell of lavender, nothing like it!

XOXO

Lila Rostenberg said...

I hope to get some illustrations done and post more about this road. It has miles and miles of national forest, the Ozark Highlands hiking trail goes right across it....a river for camping and canoeing...and just lots of switchbacks and scenery!

couragetocreatewriteandlove said...

I am so lucky to count you as my friend!
I am glad you are going to make that bird sing. LOL
Blessings, Carmen

lizzzzzzzy said...

Glad you are home, and it is a delightful way to wind yourself up to out sweet town. The kids knew when we got on this road, we called the Green Tunnel, we would listen to Mozart piano concertos...like Out of Africa. I hoped this would sear the memory in their heads, Olivia says no. Lizzzzzzzzzzzzzy

Anonymous said...

The back roads are the best way to travel...if time permits.

I was "Happy" child.

Related Posts with Thumbnails