bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Friday, June 29, 2007




A new perspective......

I subscribe to an on-line newsletter for artists written by Canadian artist, Robert Genn.

Above: a rock from my gardening friend Paula Mariedaughter, worn by years in a river bed.

Below: bamboo stumps....see those grasping roots?



Last week he wrote about "Miksang" the Buddhist tradition of finding peace and joy by looking closely and carefully.

This can be done with the close-up lens of a digital camera.






Other images here include columbine seed pods, a day lily on a windy day, and new growth on a yew plant.



















(Robert's newsletter link:http://www.painterskeys.com/clickbacks/giftscribe.php )

10 comments:

Carole Burant said...

Amazing pictures! I'm most fascinated with the bamboo roots...I'd never seen that before, how interesting!! When you look at the picture of the lily in the wind, you can actually see the wind movement! xox

Maryam in Marrakesh said...

I absolutely love the idea of Miksang. That is so true!

gma said...

Close inspection of nature is full of every intricate design....it's just incredible...love the bamboo.

Naturegirl said...

I just learned of the word ~Miksang~
recently and was quite amazed as I have been practising this art without realizing there is a name for it!!
Great intimate photos WOW the bamboo roots! hugs NG

Janet said...

The bamboo is most interesting. I don't think I've ever seen the roots before. Now you've inspired me to look closely at my own flowers and plants.

Miss Robyn said...

Lila - just coming over to say hello. taking my time to get back into commenting xoxo

Anonymous said...

Love them all. I do so love the close up setting on a camera. I especially love the rock. Love Hugs and Blessings

Mary Timme said...

Lila,
I love Robert Genn and get his newsletter and mine this week was about acrylics and how they are responsible for a "great fugue of potential acheivement!" I thought we all got the same newsletters. But mine seem different, but I hope others out there will read him and subscribe to his newsletters.

Anonymous said...

Hi Lila,
These are delightful. I'm with Pea, I love the bamboo roots.

The practice of Miksang has often helped me change myself out of a negative and forlorn mood.

Tammy said...

Carmen suggested I come by for a visit...I love the river rock!
:)

Related Posts with Thumbnails