bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Saturday, June 16, 2007

Daisy's garden...with baskets of flowers!














Daisy Lupin as a young mother.(from her post in January 2007)










[I borrowed this image from Ninnie's blog.....]




We have lost Daisy Lupin, wonderful writer and mentor to many of us bloggers and doll makers!




Her daughter, Lydia, known to us as Sweetpea, posted the news of her mother's illness and passing today.




I started blogging because of Daisy's blog. I feel a great void....




Daisy's tours of her world in the village in Cumbria, and her tales of folk lore and traditions were enthralling.




What she wrote about would spark other research and directions for us all....I often quoted her or referred to an illustration she had chosen!




She left insightful and encouraging comments for all of us....




"Astilbe's always amaze me, I always seem to think, oh the frost has killed them off, then suddenly by surprise they burst through the soil, and grow magnificently. Mine are profuse this year, as is my angelica. I adore petunias of all colours and types my pots and baskets are full of them."
by Daisy Lupin 4:13 PM June 10th, 2007






Still in shock, I cannot say how much she will be missed. Her baskets of flowers and of friends were full and overflowing!










11 comments:

Julie said...

Oh, Lila,

I have come to know you so well but did not know that you were inspired to blog because of Daisy. And I was encouraged to CONTINUE blogging because of you. You helped me so much by adding my name to your list of bloggers. And so the thread goes on from one to another. Yes, I agree, so many things Daisy wrote inspired me to think and do research. I learned so many new things from her. I never thought that blogging would lead me to such happiness because of new friends like you and Daisy.

Blessings, Julie

Anonymous said...

Lila, Glad you liked it. It seems such a small thing to do. But it was what I could do at the time. For any one who wishes to snag it they may. Love Hugs and Blessings Ninnie

lizzzzzzzy said...

perfect words for a difficult time. Lizzzzzzzzzzzzy

gma said...

Dearest Lila
Sending love to you through this sorrowful time. We all enjoyed Daisy. She was so wise and shared much with us.
xo

Mary Timme said...

Welcome home, and like you, I was totally shocked and quite horrified when I got an email saying Daisy was gone.


She will be gravely missed in blogland.

Anonymous said...

I had to read your post several times to absorb what you wrote, Lila. I can't believe this. How awful! I loved Daisy and her sweet blog.

couragetocreatewriteandlove said...

I remember very well about you being inspired to blog by Daisy, and I actually follow your link when you left a comment in her blog.
I am so glad I met you through Daisy's blog!
God bless you Dear Lila!

Naturegirl said...

I heard this sad news this a.m. and am in shock! Daisy touched many hearts and souls within our blog community!I miss her and shall feel her ~fairy spirit~ visit my secret garden.I have no more words just tears.
~Peace be to you dearest Daisy.~
Lila this was a beautiful tribute to Daisy. extremely sad NG

Janet said...

Such a loss for all of us. She was a wonderful person and will be missed.

Bimbimbie said...

Hello Lila

I only joined the blogging world this year and found my way recently to Daisy's blog and fell in love with her style of writing, her warmth and joy of sharing her knowledge of nature and Celtic history always left you wanting to learn more. Her launching of childhood poetry awakened many happy memories for me Annie

Anonymous said...

I am sad to hear you lost a friend.
My prayers will be for her family.

Related Posts with Thumbnails