bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Thursday, May 03, 2007




The postman just came.......


I was delighted to receive a box from Julie!


In a brown parcel with lovely Victorian flower children stickers, I found some accordian folded "scrap" books, and more! I have scanned some of it here.




You can see a handmade necklace with a charm which is a robin's nest. The beads on the necklace are "robin" colors....red-breast red and robin's egg blue. The artist, included the legend of the robin with the lovely jewelry! [Contact Julie for info on her hometown artist, Lila(!), of Dog Day Designs in Bismarck, ND]


I'm off to have a great day wearing my treasure, with a robin to guide "new growth and new beginnings"!
(Later....well it is a "new beginning" of sorts....the foot doctor is having me stay off my inflammed -tedonitis, we think- foot for a few days...so I won't be going to "in" to work for a week or so....more time to play..."Oh no!"...I can get caught up on my "Finding Water" study! except no walks or Artist Dates on my feet!)

7 comments:

Lisa Oceandreamer Swifka said...

I am losing my mind over this parcel you received...absolutely amazing. A nest necklace? My heart be still! I must rush to Julie now to find out about this artist!!! Oh what a lovely bit of wonderful you received!
XOXO

lizzzzzzzy said...

Wow what a treasure found in a simple mail box! It all looks like so much fun to assemble. Enjoy your robin touched day. Lizzzzzzzzzzzzy

Kelli said...

Oh wow! What a beautiful package and that nest necklace is sooooo pretty! I have got to find one for myself. :0) Just lovely!
Kelli

Mary Timme said...

What a great gift. I love that it is from a friend with such a lovely and well thought out gift. You deserve it.

Lisa Oceandreamer Swifka said...

Julie has given me the contact info for this artist, I haven't stopped thinking about this all day. Silly me, the things that do set the heart to pitterpat! :)
XOXO

J C said...

What fun things you got in the mail. I am loving that robin's nest necklace. I visited your new painting blog. It's so full of beautiful eye candy! Good luck with it!

Sheila said...

THe necklace is delightful, and the legend of the robin (?), is something I hadn't heard of but it sounds intruiging.
I love the painting in the post below. Fabulous, the colour and subject matter are beautiful. Thanks for visiting and leaving a comment..
xx

Related Posts with Thumbnails