bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Tuesday, May 22, 2007

5/23/07 This is a photo of a painting which I OWN..I did NOT paint this!!!!

This 40"X 50" painting hangs in my living room and is by one of my art professors...Ed Martin who has just retired (this month!) from teaching.
The title/ theme of this painting is "Leda" from Greek mythology....the swan is actually
Zeus in disquise....you can read the story here.

I am considering doing a painting of a woman holding a swan....I'll let you know how it goes....(no, do not expect the erotic!)

(I added the above on Wednesday morning...below is the Tuesday post...)





I’m trying a new technique for writing a post.....using Word first then copying to Blogger.

It is a new world for me as I find my way around here.....I am also researching artwork with swans. I want make a painting of a young woman standing in an ivy covered arch, holding a swan.





“The Six Swans” by Ethel Franklin Betts




So here are some illustrations from fairy tale books......




“The Six Swans” by Warwick Goble





I’m not sure yet how this painting will shape up...but I’m trying to do some paintings more rich and dramatic for the show this fall.


[postscript: None of the illustrations transfered from Word to Blogger...I had to re-insert them...so I guess I'll just stay with doing all of it in Blogger...]

3 comments:

Lisa Oceandreamer Swifka said...

More often than not I write my post in Word then copy it to blogger. I do that in case blogger eats my post. I then add any images and drag them around the post where I want them. So far it's worked for me that way.

Your painting sounds like a wonderful idea and as always I cannot wait to see your results.

XOXO

Lila Rostenberg said...

Thanks for the tips...I'll try that with the images!

Anonymous said...

Hi Lila,
When I studied art history in college, I always felt embarassed when it came to the woman and the swan theme. I mean, how much more obvious can you get?

Now that I'm a grown-up, I can see that it is a challenging and worthwhile theme. I hope you tackle it.

I'm pondering my answers for the tag. I can never decide what to write! Thanks for thinking of me.

Related Posts with Thumbnails