bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Thursday, May 31, 2007





Greetings from the Seaside.......








[Not true...sorry...... , I am only remembering our family vacation to the seacoast!]






One year ago today....we were at the seashore! As it is quite a drive from my home, and requires lots of planning to pull off, I feel that visiting again in my memories and photo albums is a good thing!
We drove from Atlanta, with our daughter's family to Savannah and Tybee Island.


This is the very beachy (and very PINK!) cottage where we stayed.
It had a lovely screened porch and inside, lots of sea themed crafts and paintings by local artists.....(I still want to paint some more "sea" or seaside scenes...!)



An important part of a good vacation is reading about the area....of course the most entertaining way is to read good "chick lit" , so I read "Savannah Blues"and later "Savannah Breeze" (and "Blue Christmas") by Mary Kay Andrews!
(Here we are reading in some "Tybee shade"!)


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This year, my own screened porch beckons me....





It is a lovely spot when the temperatures are mild....lots of birdsong and leafy green!



The faux brick floor was painted quite a few years ago using a large sponge and a cake pan of acrylic paints in "brick" and "moss" colors....all on top of a gray porch paint....finished with satin polyurethane.















Outside, we have a wonderful show being put on by our one rose bush!
This is a David Austen rose, "Gertrude Jekyll". It is fragrant and pink and once a year (usually earlier, around Mother's Day) it bursts into bloom!


2 comments:

Mary Timme said...

Oh, I think I like your floor better than the bright pink cottage. I've not spent a lot of time on the Atlantic, but quite a bit on the Pacific and the two oceans are. . .Well, oceans apart! Cute, I know! I couldn't resist.

Our carpet roses have started blooming too. In another week they look like a red border on each side of the houe. You pink one are so lovely!

Kelli said...

That looks like the perfect vacation spot, Lila! The cottage is darling and the roses are beautiful!
Kelli

Related Posts with Thumbnails