bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Friday, April 20, 2007












Report from the Arkansas Interstate ........

(photos from Google images....)


Wild flowers are abundant on stretches of the road to my mom's!

Imagine these two flowers growing together, clumps of pink Mexican primroses mixed in with abundant Indian paintbrush......rosy pink interspersed with areas of orange red....and of course green!

I got to see it twice because I forgot something which I really wanted to take to Georgia....so I "kidnapped" my mom from her home in Little Rock and drove back home yesterday. (Lots of great visiting time in the car with her)....back to mly own bed...and starting out again this morning.....

Today we traveled several backroads....including a scenic highway with hairpin curves, through the Ozarks....I love to see old barns and homeplaces....the vanishing world of the small farm.
Then closer to Little Rock, the interstate is planted with dark red clover.....(the first
photo)...I'm looking forward to what I may see in Mississippi, Alabama, and Georgia....

7 comments:

Sue Seibert said...

Interesting that we have paintbrush and primrose, but you don't have bluebonnets. We will be passing through Arkansas on Monday on the way to Tennessee. We'll wave!! Looking forward to seeing your spring.

Southern Heart said...

Very beautiful pictures! I hope that you enjoy your time with your Mother.

Andrea

Mary Timme said...

I've never seen so much Indian Paintbrush that it is so lush as colors the whole field. Wow! Your climate is much more wet than mine, but how beautiful! Thanks for sharing those

Annie said...

Hi Lila,

This is a wonderful time of year to drive, isn't it. There are blooms wonderful to see on the little roads as well as on the big interstates. I hope your traveling is smooth and easy.

Janet said...

Gorgeous photos of the flowers. Traveling on the backroads and scenic highways is so much more pleasant than the interstate.

gma said...

Amazing...we have Mexican Primrose and Indian Paintbrush here in Az. but not that abundant. Beautiful!
Happy Earth Day!

Kahshe Cottager said...

How beautiful! I thought immediately of the field of poppies growing by the yellow brick road on the way to Oz until I read your post. I wonder if seeing fields like these may have inspired the movie set?

Hope you had a wonderful time with your Mom.

Related Posts with Thumbnails