bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Tuesday, April 17, 2007

A few more old photos......




The first year we were married, we often did weekend camping. This was a spring -time canoe trip on the Buffalo National River. My husband loves to take photos, and he took this one of me resting in the canoe on a gravel bar.... springtime, about 33 years ago.






1982, building a lego house with my daughter and her baby brother....we followed the lego plans!


The "curly perm" years of the late 1980's...now my daughter is the "bossy" older sister in glasses! A photo taken for my husband to keep on his desk at work...
The next photo is one he took when we were at a football game. Sunny autumn day!







At an Arkansas craft and music festival with 2 house guests...Paul from the Congo and Maurice from Madagascar. About 1992. (After all those curls, I went for a new short haircut!)



Now I'm starting my "vacation" by reading a new novel given to me by a dear friend,
"Sleeping with Schubert" by Bonnie Marson. A charming tale of creative "possession"!

6 comments:

Mary Timme said...

Oh, the book sounds so good, Lila. Now, what was a good girl like you doing with fuzzy hair? I remember those days and now that I'm used to it, I'm glad we don't all do that all the time. Hair care took up way too much time.:-)

Kahshe Cottager said...

My goodness ... I can relate to this! My honeymoon included a canoe and I also had that same curly hair style! How times and styles have changed!!! What a laugh I get (my kids howl) when looking through our honeymoon and early-marriage-before-kids photos!

Anonymous said...

Well darling, you are lovely through the ages. I do believe that my 80's perm was a bit bigger than yours - wonder i could fit through the door!

Lisa Oceandreamer Swifka said...

Oh the hair again, I think we all did perms in the 80's. You take a lovely photo at any age. The top you're wearing in the canoe reminds me of the ones I used to make from cotton Indian bedspreads in the 70's. Funny too that your daughter, the older sister, has glasses to date the time too. (like yours did).
Have fun reading your new novel!!
XOXO

Annie said...

I can see why your husband liked to take photos of you - you are a wonderful subject for the camera.

gma said...

Cute pictures. The one with you in a boat tells a story...They are all precious and I have enjoyed seeing them!
:-)

Related Posts with Thumbnails