bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Tuesday, March 06, 2007


My day off today...I tackled the borders and made the backing for this quilt top.
It is called "Teton Meadows"...because my son and his fiancee met in Wyoming in the summertime. Mountain wildflowers, which were abundant then, are the theme for their up-coming August wedding.
I tried to capture the many colors of wild flowers and used a lot of white to keep it light, airy and very traditional.
It will be going to the machine quilter soon. She will do a lovely job and embellish the surface with swirling stitches!

7 comments:

Janet said...

The colors in the quilt are so pretty and they do remind me of flowers. I always admire anyone who has the patience to do a project of this size and especially a quilt. I don't think I have that much patience! But I love to see them....and yours is lovely.

Miss Robyn said...

I have just pulled out a quilt I began last year and I am going to finish it.. I have lots of those.

Unknown said...

Good morning Lila,
This is a stunning quilt. I'm good at loose and witty line drawings, but I simply cannot find the coordination to do finely tuned work/play like this. I would really love to see this quilt in person. The colors must be even more beautiful.

You gave me an excellent suggestion for fashion gear at the benefit auction on Saturday night. I love Eileen Fischer. That would leave me with something I could actually wear again under a different circumstance. Thank you.

lizzzzzzzy said...

I know Andrew and Mary will spend many happy nights under this quilt. Mary is one special girl that will honor all the hard work put into this quilt. Lizzzzzzzzzzzzzy

gma said...

Lila.... you have put alot of work into this. It is beautiful. It'll be a treasured family heirloom.

Lisa Oceandreamer Swifka said...

The colors in this quilt are eye popping and what a treasure for them to have forever!
Wow, your quilts are fabulous!
XOXO

Anonymous said...

Beautiful quilt!!! K

Related Posts with Thumbnails